Future CarPlay Enhancement Shown in F-150 Lightning Video

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I think that's just what happens if you hit the fullscreen arrows while in Carplay (or any screen). The cards get minimized and the active app above it gets bigger.
I don't have my car yet so I may be wrong, but just my assumption.

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I think that's just what happens if you hit the fullscreen arrows while in Carplay (or any screen). The cards get minimized and the active app above it gets bigger.
I don't have my car yet so I may be wrong, but just my assumption.
That’s what happens for most apps, but Android Auto and Apple CarPlay currently just leave a blank space like this.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Future CarPlay Enhancement Shown in F-150 Lightning Video D3FFB735-EB9F-47AC-898F-A82B92272320

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s what happens for most apps, but Android Auto and Apple CarPlay currently just leave a blank space like this.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Future CarPlay Enhancement Shown in F-150 Lightning Video D3FFB735-EB9F-47AC-898F-A82B92272320
Oh bummer! Then yes, let's hope they are actually implementing that! They did say Carplay navigation will soon appear in the instrument cluster in the Mach E, so here's hoping.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
STill rounded edges in DARK mode...

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
Apparently that's fixed now...or is that only in light mode?
I don't think it's fixed. I think they are using a 3rd party device to run the streaming app.

I don't use the CarPlay so it doesn't bother me right now. I just dont have time to learn something new....

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think it's fixed. I think they are using a 3rd party device to run the streaming app.

I don't use the CarPlay so it doesn't bother me right now. I just dont have time to learn something new....
Not sure what you mean, they're listening to Apple Music and there's no corners now. In that Twitter thread a Ford exec makes it seem like the corners are now fixed.

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has ANYONE else on the forum seen the CarPlay rounded edges disappear yet? Maybe this guy is in the update preview program or something?

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The shame in this is that CarPlay has a portrait mode, which this kind of space just BEGS to use but isn't.

Here's a video of it on a new Subaru (just jump in a minute or so to see it).

Portrait CarPlay Mode Video
Yeah I’ve seen that Subaru implementation and expected ours to be the same. At least this is better than it is now. Maybe one day in the future we will get this portrait mode. I think they could also remove that bar at the top telling you who’s phone is currently being used and give us even more screen space. It’s kind of pointless IMO.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
Has ANYONE else on the forum seen the CarPlay rounded edges disappear yet? Maybe this guy is in the update preview program or something?
Try changing the wallpaper to either black or white (depending upon your light/dark display theme) in the CarPlay settings. My rounded corners are gone and blends more nicely with the vehicle display.
Sponsored