Future OTA Wish: Real-time energy usage on the dash

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there any other BEV or PHEV in existence that doesn’t show any indication of power and regen? I’m not aware of any.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Is your username here a reflection of how the dictation on my iPhone renders "Mach-E?" ?
I'm a Trekkie...alien race from Voyager!
I'll have to try that on my iPhone, though!

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I know it's not real-time, but I just keep the trip meter in the bottom left corner of the screen under my Apple CarPlay. This shows the average kWh used on the trip, so I keep an eye on that as it tends to update somewhat frequently.

That being said, I would still love to have a live kWh readout on my gauge cluster somewhere.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
OTOH the I3 originally arrived without an SOC meter! Giant fight with high faluting German Engineering and finally they gave us a SoC meter.

Don't understand this EV engineer need to hide info from users. Its a $60,000 car, not a golf cart! We want to see the critical stuff in simple easy to read charts and displays!

I swear there are times even on coast when the car applies regen, esp. gentle down hills. I now resort to flipping to N to force the car into pure freefall. A electron flow display, the lowly volt had one 11 years ago, would let me know what the car is doing.

PrimeFuture

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, 2013 Ford Focus
Country flag
Just replying to echo so @Ford Motor Company sees how many of us want real time consumption data. I want to know how much power my acceleration uses, how much power my braking regenerates, how much different 60 mph vs 80 mph consumes. Give us the data!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just replying to echo so @Ford Motor Company sees how many of us want real time consumption data. I want to know how much power my acceleration uses, how much power my braking regenerates, how much different 60 mph vs 80 mph consumes. Give us the data!
agreed! And of course the charging data, too
Sponsored