Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2017 GT350
Occupation
Pharmacy Software Development
Country flag
I just moved to the northwest and hauled my Mach E behind a Penske truck on a car trailer. I constantly had to get in the car after I stopped for fuel and turn off the alarm motion sensor. Otherwise the the lights are flashing and it is beeping. Once reset and driving its fine but if you stop the (even for a long red light) the alarm motion sensor reactivates. No way to permanently disable. And driving in the dark its really annoying. I realize there are forums complaining about the sensor with dogs in their cars but never expected this towing the car. Unless I missed something?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I just moved to the northwest and hauled my Mach E behind a Penske truck on a car trailer. I constantly had to get in the car after I stopped for fuel and turn off the alarm motion sensor. Otherwise the the lights are flashing and it is beeping. Once reset and driving its fine but if you stop the (even for a long red light) the alarm motion sensor reactivates. No way to permanently disable. And driving in the dark its really annoying. I realize there are forums complaining about the sensor with dogs in their cars but never expected this towing the car. Unless I missed something?
I thought there was a setting to turn off alarm system? I know interior motion sensors are wonky and wonā€™t really turn off.

OP
OP
Falcon53

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I thought there was a setting to turn off alarm system? I know interior motion sensors are wonky and wonā€™t really turn off.
I could turn it off under Vehicle Settings but after I stopped it turned back on by itself. Unless you have to go somewhere else in Settings.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I could turn it off under Vehicle Settings but after I stopped it turned back on by itself. Unless you have to go somewhere else in Settings.
Did you go into the menu or just hit the button that pops up when you turn the car off?

I think I would have disconnected the 12V cable for towing in your situation if it kept going off.

OP
OP
Falcon53

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Did you go into the menu or just hit the button that pops up when you turn the car off?

I think I would have disconnected the 12V cable for towing in your situation if it kept going off.
Lee I went to the vehicle settings and did the drop down where you turn it off. But it would not stay off after the c ar was motionless for a minute or so. I guess the 12 volt option would have been best but the weather was horrible out so I now I know for next time.

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
I imagine this problem is more easily solved than disconnecting the battery. Aren't these cars transported many miles before they are delivered? I've never seen transport drivers reassembling cars to get them off the trailer ;-)

I vote for the keep it unlocked when transporting option

OP
OP
Falcon53

Falcon53

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I imagine this problem is more easily solved than disconnecting the battery. Aren't these cars transported many miles before they are delivered? I've never seen transport drivers reassembling cars to get them off the trailer ;-)

Darn I wish I would have thought of this or asked during my 3 day trip.

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
This issue also happens on ferry rides. The only solution we've been able to find on this site is to leave the car unlocked... Turning the alarms off via the menu does not fully turn off the motion sensors

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just towed mine 250 miles behind my motorhome. Didnā€™t notice any alarms going off and part was in the dark so I would have noticed any lights flashing in my rear camera. I think I had motion sensors off.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
This issue also happens on ferry rides. The only solution we've been able to find on this site is to leave the car unlocked... Turning the alarms off via the menu does not fully turn off the motion sensors
Unlocking does disable the alarm, but if autolock is on, the alarm will will come back on. Had this happen when I was towed because of a flat. Seemed to stop after having to unlock with the fob several times.
Using the pillar code to unlock seems to prevent autolock, if you do not want to disable autolock that is an option, or putting the car in emergency tow mode should also defeat the alarm.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

There is a special ā€œtransport modeā€ used for cars from the factory. I donā€™t know anything about it though.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
There is a special ā€œtransport modeā€ used for cars from the factory. I donā€™t know anything about it though.
It has a frunk button that is later disabled...
Sponsored