Galaxy S 20 owners?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Any other Mach E drivers have a Galaxy S 20? What has your Ford Pass experience been like?

I have an S20+ and I feel like my app experience is exceptionally poor.
-remote lock/unlock/start has worked for me two times.. it fails 99% of the time
-I don't even have buttons for windows or lift gate
-I can't setup departure times
-Paak just results in an error message that the ford pass support team hasn't ever seen before

Basically the ONLY thing that the app does reliably is report on charge status.

So.. is everyone's experience this bad? Is it a galaxy S20 thing? Or is this just a me thing?
Sponsored

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Any other Mach E drivers have a Galaxy S 20? What has your Ford Pass experience been like?

I have an S20+ and I feel like my app experience is exceptionally poor.
-remote lock/unlock/start has worked for me two times.. it fails 99% of the time
-I don't even have buttons for windows or lift gate
-I can't setup departure times
-Paak just results in an error message that the ford pass support team hasn't ever seen before

Basically the ONLY thing that the app does reliably is report on charge status.

So.. is everyone's experience this bad? Is it a galaxy S20 thing? Or is this just a me thing?
I also have an S20+ and can't say I've had the same experience. I've exlusively used PaaK and can admit that sometimes I have to open the app to get the car to connect to it, but other than that no issues (aside from general issues that seem to affect everyone).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Galaxy S 20 owners? Screenshot_20210407-114021_FordPass

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Well... That gives me SOME hope I guess that my phone is *supposed* to work ha ha

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have an S21 Ultra. Have you went into the android settings and excluded fordpass from any battery optimization and kept it from being put to sleep? That is the main thing you have to do. If the app gets put to sleep, the Bluetooth connection dies with it and the car won't know it there until you open the app manually.

If the bluetooth connection was handled by the android OS itself like all other bluetooth connections it wouldn't need this. I think even on an iPhone the PAAK bluetooth connection shows up in the OS like normal, but not on android.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Also, if you do this, your PAAK will work much better. BUT, your phone battery will drain way way faster. So its a tradeoff.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I have an S20 5G and other than the PaaK stuff which I do have the usual problems with sometimes, all that stuff works. I've done remote start several times and the windows a couple of times.

Maybe just reinstall the app and see what happens?

Last edited:
OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
See that's the thing... The battery optimization helps make paak work better.. but I can't even set it up to begin with.. if I try to set it up I just get this error.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Galaxy S 20 owners? Screenshot_20210407-141120_FordPass

Last edited:
OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I have an S20 5G and other than the PaaK stuff which I do have the usual problems with sometimes, all that stuff works. I've done remote start several times and the windows a couple of times.

Maybe just reinstall the app and see what happens?
Yeah I've tried it all.. adding/removing the vehicle from my account, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, master reset on the car, I even tried making a new ford pass account, all to no avail

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also have an S20+ and can't say I've had the same experience. I've exlusively used PaaK and can admit that sometimes I have to open the app to get the car to connect to it, but other than that no issues (aside from general issues that seem to affect everyone).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Galaxy S 20 owners? Screenshot_20210407-141120_FordPass
I have an S9 with Android 10. My screen looks like yours, everything above Bluetooth connnected. I don't get that message nor do I get any of the icons below that. So I can't open trunk, windows or horn and lights? Which is weird. I wouldn't expect those missing features to be phone/os related since it is commands over bluetooth. If it can send a command to lock it should be able to send a command to popen trunk. Running 3.20.1

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have an S9 with Android 10. My screen looks like yours, everything above Bluetooth connnected. I don't get that message nor do I get any of the icons below that. So I can't open trunk, windows or horn and lights? Which is weird. I wouldn't expect those missing features to be phone/os related since it is commands over bluetooth. If it can send a command to lock it should be able to send a command to popen trunk. Running 3.20.1
In order to get the 4 buttons below the "Bluetooth Connected" text you need to have PaaK setup. The lock/unlock/remote start functions are done through the cellular connection. Those other 4 commands are only executed if you're connected to Bluetooth. I think they don't want someone accidentally popping the trunk.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
In order to get the 4 buttons below the "Bluetooth Connected" text you need to have PaaK setup. The lock/unlock/remote start functions are done through the cellular connection. Those other 4 commands are only executed if you're connected to Bluetooth. I think they don't want someone accidentally popping the trunk.
Ditto. Comes with Paak. I had my car 3 weeks before I even got the paak option

jetermeyer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 300H, Acura TLX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks, I missed that piece of information. I have not set it up yet since so many issues plus I'm going to use the Fob as my preference. I the only reason I would set up PaaK is because I want the start code set up. Still can't believe that is the only way to get a start code:)

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Thanks, I missed that piece of information. I have not set it up yet since so many issues plus I'm going to use the Fob as my preference. I the only reason I would set up PaaK is because I want the start code set up. Still can't believe that is the only way to get a start code:)
While PaaK is no doubt far from perfect, in my personal experience the latest update (3.21.0) seems to work more reliably than previous versions. Additionally, I can't say I've experienced any battery drain on my phone that others have claimed (and this is the specific Galaxy S20 thread). Worst case is that you set it up and don't use it, but you might try it and find you like it. That way you'll get the backup code. Or if you really just want the backup code option, others have activated PaaK on an old phone that you don't use anymore and then just turned that phone off.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Galaxy S 20 owners? Screenshot_20210430-092537_Device care

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I have a 20 Ultra. PaaK has never worked for me, going on 3 months. All I ever get is the screen where you get a 6 digit code to copy/paste for Bluetooth.

I have tried everything. Resetting the keys, removing the vehicle and adding it again. Uninstalling the app. Resetting the entire car (several times). My dealership has not helped at all, after several attempts. Recently I used the chat feature in the Ford Pass app for support.

He had me do several things. He could see when I remote started it, locked and unlocked it with the app. Was about a 30 minute attempt at getting to work. He was actually very helpful and seemed to care. It has been "pushed up". Tech guy thinks its the modem.

The thing is, I work in a very secure area (think SCIF) and I cannot have my phone. It has to be left in the car, or a lock box outside of a certain area. I cannot use it till I get off of work. Which is 6pm. I told them this, but they have tried to call during the hours I cannot answer.

We're getting my wife's vehicle bumpers painted and some other things, they have it for about 10 days. This ONE key fob, and no option to get the PaaK to work is very annoying using this vehicle when we are both using it. I am awaiting them to call when I can answer, and then be sent to a dealership if it is the modem at fault. We have tried my wife's iPhone 10 Max Pro and its the same problem, exactly. Which makes it seem to be the car itself, like the tech suggested.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
Every "update" leads to some new flaw.
First, Bluetooth only worked - Android auto would dump phone almost immediately.
Updates.
Android Auto cancelled Bluetooth, Bluetooth cancelled Android Auto. Have been unable to get both to work at once.
Updates.
Now Bluetooth will not work.
Android Auto seems to work.
Use same phone with Bolt - just plug it in, no hassle, no problems.
Unable to get phone to work with FordPass/Sync4.
Probably a simple fix, as stated previously am unable to determine the simple.
Wireless? Or other?
Sponsored