Garage door charger mount! Swings over car for mid garage charge location.

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E and Explorer Sport
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I wanted to back in and not have to move the charger cord back to the wall each time since my charge port is in the middle. It works and was basically free! I posted my original idea with bungees in the charging forum, but that looked pretty bad, this one is sans bungees. The bungees would help if you needed more slack, however.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Garage door charger mount! Swings over car for mid garage charge location. 05390C95-4A2D-4607-B47F-BEED679B28C6

Sponsored

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
I wanted to back in and not have to move the charger cord back to the wall each time since my charge port is in the middle. It works and was basically free! I posted my original idea with bungees in the charging forum, but that looked pretty bad, this one is sans bungees. The bungees would help if you needed more slack, however.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Garage door charger mount! Swings over car for mid garage charge location. IMG_9776.MOV

That's pretty clever! I have the same parking setup and was trying to figure out how to make a cantilevered beam with a tool balancer to retract the charger but this seems a lot simpler.

OP
OP
Luda07

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
That's pretty clever! I have the same parking setup and was trying to figure out how to make a cantilevered beam with a tool balancer to retract the charger but this seems a lot simpler.
That was my exact first thought!! I was about to try but I don’t think I have the slack to go over the door and have enough to swing down.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have an unfinished garage. I strung the charging cord along the track for the garage door pulleys then wrapped the end in parachute cord. The parachute cord goes to a pulley up at the peak of the roof. The other side of the cord is attached to a paint can with some rocks in it. Perfectly counterbalanced. So when I unplug, I push the cord up into the ceiling high enough to not hit my head on it. Then when I want to plug in I can pull it back down one-handed. It’s not pretty, but it’s highly effective and out of the way.

OP
OP
Luda07

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Holy cow, I need to see that!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I have an unfinished garage. I strung the charging cord along the track for the garage door pulleys then wrapped the end in parachute cord. The parachute cord goes to a pulley up at the peak of the roof. The other side of the cord is attached to a paint can with some rocks in it. Perfectly counterbalanced. So when I unplug, I push the cord up into the ceiling high enough to not hit my head on it. Then when I want to plug in I can pull it back down one-handed. It’s not pretty, but it’s highly effective and out of the way.
? Rube Goldberg lives!

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Garage door charger mount! Swings over car for mid garage charge location. IMG_9776.MOV

Pretty neat, but it might drive me nuts to have to back into my garage instead of pulling in nose first. Luckily, my charger is in the middle of my front wall, similar to this location when I pull in nose first.

OP
OP
Luda07

Luda07

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Pretty neat, but it might drive me nuts to have to back into my garage instead of pulling in nose first. Luckily, my charger is in the middle of my front wall, similar to this location when I pull in nose first.
It is a pain to back in, but will be worth it for the day the zombies come!
I wonder if the self parking will be able to do it. I tried getting it to, but I think since it doesn’t look like the standard situations of parallel parking or the 90 degree reverse in it won’t do it. Anyone else able to get theirs to back in on its own?
Sponsored