Attention From Gawkers?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Best part of the Grabber Blue is it looks AMAZING on the MME. Second best part is it definitively is eye-grabbing. Usually in a good way. Occasionally it gets a little scary when somebody is trying take pics or video while driving.

I think on two occasions so far someone has flipped me the bird or yelled at me. It was super weird. Like, why would you do that? Are they mad because they think I’m making an environmental statement (I’m not). Or because of the #notamustang thing (couldn’t care less and was never a decision factor for me)? Really couldn’t care less but fascinating from a social perspective.

Oh and I have yet to see another MME driving in the wild here in Kansas. I see plenty of Model 3s and a few Model Ys. I very rarely see an S or an X. Never seen a Roadster. I like having the best looking EV in town and I hope it stays that way for a while. The exotic factor isn’t quite on the level of a certain notable ambulance chaser’s lime green Lambo, but it’s close.

crazyfool54

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE GB
Country flag
Sooo many head turns, people taking pictures and seeing people walking around the car when I’m in a store.

I’ve learned not to leave my windows down while charging ?. I was sitting on the curb waiting for my car to finish the last few minutes of a charging session with the windows down. I had a pizza in the car and didn’t want it stinking up the car for days. This guy was charging his car and decided to walk over and start looking. I’m not sure if he saw me sitting there but he decides to basically stick his whole head in the window and look around inside then circle the whole car. He was very intrigued. He finally sees me and walks away. A minute later he comes back to look some more and finally starts asking questions. No big deal, I just don’t think I’ve ever stuck my head into someone’s car without asking. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Sooo many head turns, people taking pictures and seeing people walking around the car when I’m in a store.

I’ve learned not to leave my windows down while charging ?. I was sitting on the curb waiting for my car to finish the last few minutes of a charging session with the windows down. I had a pizza in the car and didn’t want it stinking up the car for days. This guy was charging his car and decided to walk over and start looking. I’m not sure if he saw me sitting there but he decides to basically stick his whole head in the window and look around inside then circle the whole car. He was very intrigued. He finally sees me and walks away. A minute later he comes back to look some more and finally starts asking questions. No big deal, I just don’t think I’ve ever stuck my head into someone’s car without asking. ?
I guess the motion sensors weren't on or that would have been even more awkward ?

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Definitely. I started a thread about this a couple weeks back, and it's only gotten worse. Yesterday, while trying to exit off the highway, a Range Rover coming on the highway paced me in the exit ramp to take a look at the car.

Fortunately, even more important than the 0-60 time is the 45-70 time. Mach-e passes like a f'ing dream. I gunned it, blew the Range Rover away, and managed to make my exit.

But I'm sick of it still.

xspartachris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE
Country flag
Haha, especially in Grabber Blue the Mach-E gets so much attention. People asking questions all the time (usually “how do you like it ?!?!”), taking pictures while driving, or just watching it while driving. I’m used to getting a little bit of gawking while driving because my other car is a convertible (Miata), but my wife previously drove a car that blended in so she gets a little more annoyed at the Mach-E gawkers.

KennyCaphill

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium Edition AWD Standard Range
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
Anyone encounter gawkers while driving their Mach-E? It’s flattering, although a little scary when you nearly get sideswiped.
Yup! On the way to my dealer to pick up something I left in my old car I traded in, a guy in a Tesla pulled along side at a light and started chatting and gawking. Then he asked if I could pull over and he could take a look. I did (and yes, I thought this is how I get murdered) and he was really impressed. I even let him take it out for a spin with me in the car.

I know we were told not to get into a stranger's car as a kid, but this is different right??

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang GLX, 21 Mach-e FE, 22 Lighting Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Yep, lots of thumbs up, especially from other Mustangs.

For me the test will be next Tuesday, it is the first "in person" meeting of the Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Yep, lots of thumbs up, especially from other Mustangs.

For me the test will be next Tuesday, it is the first "in person" meeting of the Mustang Owners Club of Southeastern Michigan.
Great, let us know how it goes. Cheers.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Funny, my wife made the comment: "Its like a jet plane taking off down the runway" when we took our first drive.
It’s actually better imho. I was on two jets this week, an A321 and Boeing 737-800. Neither take off was as much fun as my MachE launch ;).

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Two recent gawking events:

March 28 my wife and I are sitting in the Mach-E in a loading zone at Santana Row, which for those of you who don’t know is an upscale outdoor shopping center. There are traditionally really nice cars rolling through there every single day, from Lamborghini’s to Rolls Royce’s, Stingrays, and etc.

So here we are sitting idle and chatting on a Sunday afternoon and there are hundreds of people walking by. It was as though the car was a floor model on display. At least 95% of the crowd of people that passed pointed, took photos, videos, posed with the car (while my wife and I are sitting inside!!) it was nuts. It felt good but also made me realize that we really had no privacy to have our semi-serious conversation.

TODAY I am leaving the park and I turn onto a street with a red Mustang convertible already at the speed limit and making a whole lotta noise. I pull ahead and the driver catches up. We make it to a light. He tells me to roll down the windows.

He asks about the car and I tell him “I love it, it’s fast.” He says “can we see how fast?” The light turns green and we floor it. I hit 60mph faster than ever in my life. It seems he’s barely moved, but I hear a ton of his engine noise. Next light he pulls up with the biggest grin ever. I tell him “hey, over distance you’d probably leave me in the dust, but from a stop this thing wins easily.” He says “yeah, and it’s crazy you were gone and there was no noise! I’m sold, that thing is dope!” We chat a little more and he tells me good luck.

The next light turns green and I leave him in the dust again. Felt real good to get some props from a “real mustang owner,” but I must admit it can get a little tiring....... (just kidding I love the attention)

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Two recent gawking events:

March 28 my wife and I are sitting in the Mach-E in a loading zone at Santana Row, which for those of you who don’t know is an upscale outdoor shopping center. There are traditionally really nice cars rolling through there every single day, from Lamborghini’s to Rolls Royce’s, Stingrays, and etc.

So here we are sitting idle and chatting on a Sunday afternoon and there are hundreds of people walking by. It was as though the car was a floor model on display. At least 95% of the crowd of people that passed pointed, took photos, videos, posed with the car (while my wife and I are sitting inside!!) it was nuts. It felt good but also made me realize that we really had no privacy to have our semi-serious conversation.

TODAY I am leaving the park and I turn onto a street with a red Mustang convertible already at the speed limit and making a whole lotta noise. I pull ahead and the driver catches up. We make it to a light. He tells me to roll down the windows.

He asks about the car and I tell him “I love it, it’s fast.” He says “can we see how fast?” The light turns green and we floor it. I hit 60mph faster than ever in my life. It seems he’s barely moved, but I hear a ton of his engine noise. Next light he pulls up with the biggest grin ever. I tell him “hey, over distance you’d probably leave me in the dust, but from a stop this thing wins easily.” He says “yeah, and it’s crazy you were gone and there was no noise! I’m sold, that thing is dope!” We chat a little more and he tells me good luck.

The next light turns green and I leave him in the dust again. Felt real good to get some props from a “real mustang owner,” but I must admit it can get a little tiring....... (just kidding I love the attention)
This story wins the prize IMO.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
My wife and I were making our yearly pilgrimage to the Georgetown County Library in Pawley's Island (they have a much better e-book selection than our local Horry County Library, I know, I live an exciting life) which is about an hour's drive south of NMB and we were in the middle lane of the Carolina Bays Parkway when I noticed a car hanging back off my left quarter panel. A little bit later he pulled up beside us with his phone in landscape mode making a video of the MME. After a bit he stopped recording, lowered his phone and took off after he gave a thumbs up and a smile. :cool:
Sponsored