Geerrrrrrrrr Aaaarrrggghhhhhh! HVBJB replacements?

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
Yes im waiting on a replacement HVBJB, for me GTPE!
How long are people waiting for a replacement? Ive been waiting for about a month now (since the beginning of August 2022) and Im wondering what the Ohio lemon laws cover!
Oh, who was the "Totally Awesome Engineer" (*dripping with sarcasm*) that chose an underrated part in the first place!
As an industrial electrician, we have rules on the ratings of the equipment we install to avoid issues like this and for safety!
Any way back to the phone to annoy the service manager, why shouldn't he share in my misery of a car that doesn't work like it is advertised to!
Sponsored

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
How long are people waiting for a replacement? Ive been waiting for about a month now (since the beginning of August 2022) and Im wondering what the Ohio lemon laws cover!
Oh, who was the "Totally Awesome Engineer" (*dripping with sarcasm*) that chose an underrated part in the first place!
As an industrial electrician, we have rules on the ratings of the equipment we install to avoid issues like this and for safety!
Any way back to the phone to annoy the service manager, why shouldn't he share in my misery of a car that doesn't work like it is advertised to!
Mine went out 8/15. Towed to dealer 8/16. Confirmed it was HVJB contact issue on 8/19. Ordered Part on 8/19. Received it on 8/26. Replaced 8/30. Now waiting for another part to arrive that I brought to their attention while there (and they waited to confirm) for the Blind Spot Monitoring and Cross Traffic System faults.

Did you get a case #? It was the first thing I did when it happened and they helped get things moving along and have checked in with me and the dealer for the parts to arrive quicker.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Sorry to hear about the delay, hope they get it to you soon. I doubt an engineer was responsible for the part. Engineers typically want to see the best part possible, it's when the bean counters get involved and start asking if they can trim 13 cents/vehicle out by riding the line on reliability, and their gambles probably work out way more often than not.

As for making the service manager feel the pain, unless you see them not doing something they should, I would only advise to change the attitude on that relationship. Almost nobody at the dealership works for Ford, they work for the dealership, and the dealership is just a private entity that is allowed to sell and service Ford vehicles. Making the service manager feel pain does nothing to get the issue resolved quicker if they are waiting on Ford to send the part. They want your vehicle out of their bay even more than you do because they have plenty of other vehicles to get to. I know you are upset, but it's sometimes good to find partners in situation like this and not make enemies. It's like yelling at the kid at the box office for the price of the ticket to see the movie, when nobody in that building sets those prices.

OP
OP

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the delay, hope they get it to you soon. I doubt an engineer was responsible for the part. Engineers typically want to see the best part possible, it's when the bean counters get involved and start asking if they can trim 13 cents/vehicle out by riding the line on reliability, and their gambles probably work out way more often than not.

As for making the service manager feel the pain, unless you see them not doing something they should, I would only advise to change the attitude on that relationship. Almost nobody at the dealership works for Ford, they work for the dealership, and the dealership is just a private entity that is allowed to sell and service Ford vehicles. Making the service manager feel pain does nothing to get the issue resolved quicker if they are waiting on Ford to send the part. They want your vehicle out of their bay even more than you do because they have plenty of other vehicles to get to. I know you are upset, but it's sometimes good to find partners in situation like this and not make enemies. It's like yelling at the kid at the box office for the price of the ticket to see the movie, when nobody in that building sets those prices.
I realise that the dealer isnt Ford but the dealership is where I purchased the car and paid over MSRP, for it, they are my contact with FORD, and as you can see from the post above someone has already had the exact same job done INSIDE the time that I've been waiting.
My wife and I have personally spent between 300 to 400 thousand dollars on Ford products in the last 3.5 years (not all of it with this dealer admittedly, but a good chunk of it) and it counts for nothing. Im an easy-going person, and usually patient as hell.
As for the bean counters. If they had control over the items I install as an industrial electrician, there would be a lot more deadly accidents out there.
Sorry I dont mean to be negative towards you and your comments, Im just sick of the BS attitudes from dealerships in my area and the constant banging of my head against a brick wall I seem to always do when I deal with them! Any of them.
So if the feel the nessity to over charge me on a purchase, and screw up an order on another, you bet Ill take my monies worth.

MazzMayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Feel your pain but in early stages in the process. Got the recall beta installed via OTA and a week later SVS. Now I'm just a week and a half in to the backordered part problem.

The dealers/service departments seem to be the biggest road block in the process. the Ford corp. seems to be getting the dealerships the parts faster and pushing for better customers care. Open a case if you haven't already.

OP
OP

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
I checked with them today. The have the part, they forgot to order the Special Service Tools to do the job!
The most annoying thing is the total lack of communication! How hard is it to push out a txt once a week with an update!
Id be a lot happier with a short message saying that they are waiting on something instead of total radio silence!

OP
OP

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
Soooo here's an update for you all!
Car has been at the dealer for repair for 5 weeks now with no end in sight!
@Ford Motor Company

OP
OP

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
30 days at the dealership for repairs qualify for Ohio LLs.
Sponsored