"Get updates quicker"

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Why 3/10? my line in the sand was 3/31
Upcoming trip. I've already driven 4,800 highway miles without it, and I want it for this 1,300 mile trip.
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Why couldn’t she use the backup passcode to start the car?
Entered it exactly one time…. Got a response in the app ( to both me and my wife) that the maximum number of tries had been reached. I drove over with the Fob.
Has Ford ever tested their own code?

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Worse, West Virginia has a new proposed law to outlaw OTA so dealers can make more money..
how are they even gonna enforce it?
Like if the car is currently in WV it won't an OTA update but if you cross the border you can install it?
Or if the car was bought in WV you're toast even if you move?

I also don't see their point, like why doing this.

metalpro2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 1st edition
Occupation
Software architect
Country flag
Entered it exactly one time…. Got a response in the app ( to both me and my wife) that the maximum number of tries had been reached. I drove over with the Fob.
The only reliable way for PAAK to work with any phone under any circumstances is to put it exactly in the wireless charge spot in the car (or use the cable). --a distant friend

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Upcoming trip. I've already driven 4,800 highway miles without it, and I want it for this 1,300 mile trip.
Good luck. :)
I drove over with the Fob.
Stop torturing yourself if PAAK is unreliable for you. Get another fob. Use a 2020 Mustang fob if need be. They’re available. Have your dealer program it.

cafdiniz

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Enough with the emails. BlueCruise, BlueCruise, BlueCruise!

Ford has until 3/10 before I will be really po'd if it is not here.
I just joined the forum and was really surprised to see that not everyone has BlueCruise... I got my MME back on Nov/21 and have been using it since day 1 (day 2 really)...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
how are they even gonna enforce it?
Like if the car is currently in WV it won't an OTA update but if you cross the border you can install it?
Or if the car was bought in WV you're toast even if you move?

I also don't see their point, like why doing this.
They could use a different "as built" config for cars sold in WV. I think it has more to do with where the cars are registered than where they happen to be geographically, but who knows.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I got this message on the 23rd

Ever since, the FordPass has a (1) red badge and the Message tile has a red badge and when I click the tile it says 'loading' but there's nothing new there. I tap the 'Get updates quicker' message (so far still the newest one) go to the bottom, tap OK and then it goes to the main screen.

swipe up and the FordPass still has the Red Badge...

Off/On the phone, and even did an update to 15.3.1 but when that was finished, it is still there.

/do you even software Ford?

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
No surprise there. WV is not the most "progressive" state when it comes to technology. Have a look at the Plugshare map of WV. It's empty of DCFC points other than a couple of Harley dealerships.

Edit: Need to point out Tesla have done a nice job here with Supercharger installs.
See The Electric Viking on YouTube for his take on the situation.

EVTRAVEL

First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150, MACH E
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
Ford is definitely about to push an update that requires the car to be parked. And it's quite apparent they're very worried about people whining about it. So here's yet another form of communication on it that popped up in Ford pass.. I'm guessing the rumored 2.5.2 will be the first "parked" update

Screenshot_20220223-124907_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20220223-124923_FordPass.jpg
The Manual says that updates can only be schedule once every 7 days and My Mach E built on 11/18 does not allow multi-day schedule. Does anyone else have this problem?

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
The Manual says that updates can only be schedule once every 7 days and My Mach E built on 11/18 does not allow multi-day schedule. Does anyone else have this problem?
Power up 2.3.0 added this function

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
Ford is definitely about to push an update that requires the car to be parked. And it's quite apparent they're very worried about people whining about it. So here's yet another form of communication on it that popped up in Ford pass.. I'm guessing the rumored 2.5.2 will be the first "parked" update

Screenshot_20220223-124907_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20220223-124923_FordPass.jpg
Do we expect to know how long the vehicle would need to be parked for the update? Minutes? hours? days?

How can offer a schedule for the car to be parked, off with doors closed, etc if we don't know how long it will take?