Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
I received a call two weeks ago stating the Ford engineers would be in town and wanted my car to evaluate. Wow great. They had it 2 days and I just picked it up. The engineers had left and gave the technician a list of things I had noted.

From what the tech said Ford needs to hear multiple times of an issue or similar issue to get their attention. If there are scattered issues, the bean counters will feel it's not enough of an issue to address. Maybe there could be away to create a spreadsheet of issues. All those that have issues with random radio preset changes.

Anyway, most of my concerns were addressed that they are aware of or could not duplicate. The spontaneous opening of the rear lift gate could not be reproduced, but while I'm standing there with the tech, it opened. My hand wasn't near the key and I didn't use my foot. The tech looked at me and asked if I opened it. We both laughed, but I hope it doesn't happen while I'm driving.
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
There was a guy that popped into the forum a while ago that I haven't seen in a while who had a Trello board recording every incident he saw. Not sure what was made of that, but something concerted like that could help

Edit: It was @unhandled

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Honestly, the lift gate thing opening kinda sounds like it could be the chip that is responsible for it could be slowly dying.
Sponsored