Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE/Acura RDX/Saturn Ion
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
So it finally came. I ordered in October of last year, and the latest outlook from ford was for end of June, but it showed up 25 days early. Not sure that says good things about their tracking system, but I stopped by the dealer last night before they prepped it to check it out, and it looks okay. No apparent damage.

I've got the excellent checklist on this site ( Mach E Delivery Checklist ) , but I'm wondering if there are any more recent things I should look at?

I thought about trying to check if the latest firmware for all the modules is up to date, but I don't think I can tell without getting into the internals.

I know about the shipping blocks, and I'll ask about the recalls (but I'm not sure any will apply to me).

Other thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So it finally came. I ordered in October of last year, and the latest outlook from ford was for end of June, but it showed up 25 days early. Not sure that says good things about their tracking system, but I stopped by the dealer last night before they prepped it to check it out, and it looks okay. No apparent damage.

I've got the excellent checklist on this site ( Mach E Delivery Checklist ) , but I'm wondering if there are any more recent things I should look at?

I thought about trying to check if the latest firmware for all the modules is up to date, but I don't think I can tell without getting into the internals.

I know about the shipping blocks, and I'll ask about the recalls (but I'm not sure any will apply to me).

Other thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Sounds like the forum sucked all the fun out of your delivery!

Just drive the darn thing!

If you want to look at something else, check your rear view mirror for all the slow ICE cars you leave behind at the stoplight.

Radman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT
Country flag
Congrats. I agree with MightyMike and enjoy driving the car. Take it home and clay bar, polish and wax. My only advise.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Other thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
Ask them to verify that it's not subject to the delivery hold and needs 22P08, new BlueCruise maps. If they see pending GWM (Gateway module) updates, they should perform them.

Otherwise, you aren't entitled to any software updates.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If you haven’t already, get yourself a 15” rear wiper blade. I brought my Trico 15G with me and swapped as soon as I was done with the paperwork. 😊🐩

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
If you haven’t already, get yourself a 15” rear wiper blade. I brought my Trico 15G with me and swapped as soon as I was done with the paperwork. 😊🐩
That's a regional thing. I actually did replace that blade early on but in the 13 months I've had the car I've only needed to turn on the real wiper twice. I've accidentally turned on a number a times but we just don't get much rain here.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Like the others have said, just relax and enjoy the delivery and new car. I would obviously walk around the car to make sure there is no damage before delivery, but other than that the rest is just going to take away from the excitement and joy of your new GT.

The same suggestion goes for all of the problems you see listed here on the forum. Speaking as someone who had the car brick on them when the HVBJB went out, I have not let it detract from the enjoyment of the car. Over the long weekend we put on almost 800 miles, which included stops at EA for charging. Everything went fine and we really enjoyed being able to use Blue Cruise for the long stretches of freeway driving.

BTW.. Congratulations on the new GT.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That's a regional thing. I actually did replace that blade early on but in the 13 months I've had the car I've only needed to turn on the real wiper twice. I've accidentally turned on a number a times but we just don't get much rain here.
Pretty sure Ford is still supplying cars with 14” rear blades, so I do not think it’s regional. If you even have to use the rear wiper once, you will appreciate the 15” over the 14” blade. I pretty much just use it to clear dust since I live in the place where rain is almost non-existent (drought-ridden SF Bay Area). 🤪🐩

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Pretty sure Ford is still supplying cars with 14” rear blades, so I do not think it’s regional. If you even have to use the rear wiper once, you will appreciate the 15” over the 14” blade. I pretty much just use it to clear dust since I live in the place where rain is almost non-existent (drought-ridden SF Bay Area). 🤪🐩
I recommend using a car duster, I specifically use this one. It works great for the pano roof too, another dust magnet.

The problem with using the rear wiper to clear dust is the heavy tint makes it apparent where the wiper swiped and where it did not, making it look even worse IMO.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag

If you want to look at something else, check your rear view mirror for all the slow ICE cars you leave behind at the stoplight.
Could not have said it better! Just pick it up and go enjoy!😎

OP
OP

MightyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE/Acura RDX/Saturn Ion
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'm going to enjoy it. (been waiting long enough). What do you think about "chzwiz" for a license plate :)

It's a cyber orange.

Mike

• Love
Reactions: ARK

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I'm going to enjoy it. (been waiting long enough). What do you think about "chzwiz" for a license plate :)

It's a cyber orange.

Mike
Sounds great! 😊😎🐩

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Yep. Just check in the 1st 5-6 seconds 😉.