mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I also have a Sto-N-Sho and also found that, as the 3M VHB tape comes loose (which has happened a couple times now), the plate will wobble and swivel on the single screw attaching the bracket to the car. I am curious where you drilled the two additional holes you mentioned to better secure the bracket to the car and how you attached the Sto-N-Sho with those newly drilled holes. That sounds like a really good solution if one does not mind a lower front plate.
This is happening to me as well. I was planning to replace the tape but I assume it will just come loose again.
Sponsored

A2Z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE; MME Select AWD
Country flag
This is happening to me as well. I was planning to replace the tape but I assume it will just come loose again.
After the first failure, I had replaced the tape and even added a bit more to the bracket to increase the tape contact area. I also sandpapered the vinyl spacer to a slight angle so that the bracket, when fastened, tilted up a bit towards the front of the car and was more flush with the front bumper where it attached. The bracket remained attached longer the second time, but ultimately came loose again. I am looking for a better fix. I do like the Sto-n-Sho product.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After the first failure, I had replaced the tape and even added a bit more to the bracket to increase the tape contact area. I also sandpapered the vinyl spacer to a slight angle so that the bracket, when fastened, tilted up a bit towards the front of the car and was more flush with the front bumper where it attached. The bracket remained attached longer the second time, but ultimately came loose again. I am looking for a better fix. I do like the Sto-n-Sho product.
I tightened the bolt (it was a little loose) and jammed some Scotch Extreme Mounting Tape in the gap. Maybe that will help.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Giving up on Sto-N-Sho and going with vinyl wrap license plate 20220814_125807

Ford Mustang Mach-E Giving up on Sto-N-Sho and going with vinyl wrap license plate 20220814_125758

A2Z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE; MME Select AWD
Country flag
I was thinking about filling the gap with epoxy putty next time. If that does not work, I will bring out the big guns and use bazooka chewing gum.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A second screw is probably the final answer, but that requires drilling.

A2Z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE; MME Select AWD
Country flag
I ended up removing the 3M VHB tape from the Sto-N-Sho bracket, putting new tape closer to the existing screw and -- after attaching the bracket using the screw and the tape -- adding epoxy putty in the space between the bracket and the car. Photo attached. With luck, it will hold. There is a risk that, if it does not hold, it will be difficult to remove any residual putty from the car. If it does not hold, I guess I will consider how to secure the racket with additional screws.

IMG_5701.jpg

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
I have had the Sto n Show for about 1,000 miles so far, a lot of hiway driving and I do not have any complaints. It seems very sturdy. For those of us not in CA there are not many other options for States that require front plates. I am wondering if that Epoxy tape that @mkhuffman showed could be used to tape over the bracket to hold it in should it get wobbly.... hmmm :rolleyes:
Sponsored