Glare from hazy film on inside of windshield

Wimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
what can I do to get rid of the film or the glare on the inside of my windshield? I feel like Windex does not work when the sun hits my windshield I can see there’s like a film and if I just wipe it with a cloth that doesn’t help either. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Try alcohol wipes.

If that doesn’t work, it’s not a film, just how the windshield looks.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
it's possible that what you are using to wipe the window has something in it (fabric softener, soap, windex etc)

Try wiping a small portion of the inside of the glass with nothing but a clean paper towel. If this is it, you will see the difference in the right light.

good luck.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Use glass cleaner, and newspaper. Clean your windows when parked outside in daylight, so you can see any streaking.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
1. Wipe the window down with a properly laundered micofiber towel. Then
2. Wipe the window down with rubbing alcohol and follow up with another clean microfiber towel. Then
3. Use your automotive glass cleaner of choice and follow up with anther microfiber towel to dry it.

If it’s still there after all if that, it’s the nature if the windshield and you might want to consider one of the dashboard cover @AOSK makes for the top of the dashboard. Old school but effective at reducing glare.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I started watching videos Chicago Auto Pros for detailing. For the best way to get clear windows is to follow his method. See video at 25 second mark. Summary: Use two towels. One to clean the windows of all the dirt. Use the other towel to wipe away that film. I use this method and it works. You many have to clean the dirt more than once and you may have to make one or two passes to get rid of that left over film. I was one of those spray the window and wipe it off type of people. I used paper towels, newspaper and towels, but the film was always there. The method on the video really works!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Buy this, it’s the best:

61X+cbabT8L.jpg

You can buy it at most stores including Walmart (car product aisle). Also buy clean microfiber towels. If you use that and go over the inside twice with separate microfiber towels it will be “invisible glass” when you’re done.

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
what can I do to get rid of the film or the glare on the inside of my windshield? I feel like Windex does not work when the sun hits my windshield I can see there’s like a film and if I just wipe it with a cloth that doesn’t help either. Thanks in advance
Try this...

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
I used Dawn dish soap on mine. Glass cleaner just caused it to smear but Dawn, then finished off with glass cleaner, took care of it.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Buy this, it’s the best:

61X+cbabT8L.jpg

You can buy it at most stores including Walmart (car product aisle). Also buy clean microfiber towels. If you use that and go over the inside twice with separate microfiber towels it will be “invisible glass” when you’re done.
It also comes in quart spray bottles and is inexpensive at places like Home Depot. And I use this applicator and cover the dash with a towel.

I also use microfiber towels that I only use on the car windows and clean them separately from other "rags."

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Also note you'll get a film on the inside if you drive around with the windows open a lot.

Just about every car I've had does this.

Invisible glass usually does the trick for me.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Try this...
This is a great video. One of the unique suggestions he offers is to use a Magic Eraser. Follow all of his instructions and you will have a very clean interior windshield.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Glass Plus.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is a great video. One of the unique suggestions he offers is to use a Magic Eraser. Follow all of his instructions and you will have a very clean interior windshield.
That particular method had been around for awhile. I’m glad to see getting more exposure as it simply works and is well worth the hassle imo.