Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've known about the recall for a while. My local dealer sent a text saying they were ready do the service for the recall and I just got a letter in the mail yesterday reminding me of it too. The letter states:

Customer Convenience/Transportation
  • Rental vehicle at no charge (except for fuel and insurance) while your vehicle is at the dealership for repairs
  • Vehicle pick-up and deliver (at participating dealers)
I text the dealership back asking when we can set up an appointment. I also ask about the rental car since this will take 2 days. They respond back with, "Ford will pay 35$/day for 2 days total. Enterprise maybe higher than that. We don't have cars here"

So where do we get from "no charge" to "maximum of $35/day"? Has anyone seen rental prices these days???!!!! Here in KS, the cheapest I can find is $40 and that's before all the taxes.
(yes, in the grand scheme of things, $10-$20 isn't all the much to squabble about.....still)

Anyone else run into a dealership limiting the cost of the rental? Anyone run into a dealership "not having loaner cars"?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
All of the rental car companies near me have agreements with the major car companies to accept their daily rate. They gave me a Hyundai Venu from Hertz during my recall work. The paperwork says it was $32/day.

djjerv91

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER Infinite Blue
Country flag
Sounds like a dealership problem. Every time I have taken my car in, they have offered a loaner at no charge to me and have never stated any prices. They have only asked that I fill up the tank to what it was when I took the vehicle.

OP
OP
SbN

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
All of the rental car companies near me have agreements with the major car companies to accept their daily rate. They gave me a Hyundai Venu from Hertz during my recall work. The paperwork says it was $32/day.
so you're saying it might be cheaper based on their agreement? I guess that makes sense.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Anyone else run into a dealership limiting the cost of the rental? Anyone run into a dealership "not having loaner cars"?
The local dealer here has never done loaner vehicles and doesn’t do rentals. It’s not all that uncommon.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
brings up a point. I'm curious, the ford extended warranty includes rental car. so does this apply to the entire warranty, ie 3 years and then the 5 years after?

I haven't read of anyone that has gotten their car back from the roof/windshield recall in less than three days. and more like a week. The ford recall states it should take less than one day to do both.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
so you're saying it might be cheaper based on their agreement? I guess that makes sense.
Yes. Rental car companies have contracted rates with all kinds of partners, including car manufacturers, dealerships, and insurance companies.

Reactions: SbN

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The local dealer here has never done loaner vehicles and doesn’t do rentals. It’s not all that uncommon.
But in this case, the recall notice specifically calls out loaner availability. I would expect them to make an exception here.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
But in this case, the recall notice specifically calls out loaner availability. I would expect them to make an exception here.
They won’t and never have.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
brings up a point. I'm curious, the ford extended warranty includes rental car. so does this apply to the entire warranty, ie 3 years and then the 5 years after?
It runs concurrently with the original warranty. So if you have a 5 year ESP, you will be eligible for a rental car for 5 years (not 8).

I haven't read of anyone that has gotten their car back from the roof/windshield recall in less than three days. and more like a week. The ford recall states it should take less than one day to do both.
They had my car for 2 days. Where does the recall state that it should take less than a day?

OP
OP
SbN

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
They had my car for 2 days. Where does the recall state that it should take less than a day?
Yeah, this is what the tech messaged me, " I can do a monday drop off -- we take headliner out and then the glass guy comes and does his part tuesday morning then re-install headliner."

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sounds like a dealership problem. Every time I have taken my car in, they have offered a loaner at no charge to me and have never stated any prices. They have only asked that I fill up the tank to what it was when I took the vehicle.
Apples and oranges.

What your dealership does for you in normal service is unusual. Most dealerships don't provide loaners of any type.

This is a RECALL, where the loaner is paid for by Ford, not the dealer.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you purchase a 5 years extended warranty or an 8 year extended warranty? All Ford extended warranties start on the first day you own the car. Given that the bumper to bumper warranty is 3 years / 36,000 miles, an 8 year extended warranty is really 5 years, i.e. the 5 years after the 3 years runs out. The only feature of the extended warranty usable in the first 3 years is that free loaner IF you buy that coverage.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
My dealer directly contracts with Enterprise. No money goes through me or any setup work. I didn't use it on the recall but they offered it. You shouldn't have to worry about rates at all.
Sponsored

Reactions: SbN