Glass Roof and Windshield Recall (too early)

oglio

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
The recall notices are very clear. Additional adhesive will be added to the roof. The windshield will be removed and reinstalled. Neither will be replaced.

1637259593302.png
I brought my MME in for the recall and while removing the windshield the Ford Body Shop cracked it. Ford is paying for a rental for 3 weeks but I am regretting doing the recall.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I brought my MME in for the recall and while removing the windshield the Ford Body Shop cracked it. Ford is paying for a rental for 3 weeks but I am regretting doing the recall.
That can happen. At least it should be attached properly when all is said and done.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Mine took a month to complete and minor interior Issues remain.

Also, check your wipers to ensure they are properly calibrated and damage-free.

CE459AA3-0F25-4186-8C8C-6892D40E37E4.jpeg

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
I dropped off my Mach-E on December 1st. Today is January 25th and I still have no car, no rental, no loaner, and no help from Ford or the dealership. I love this car but would suggest anyone reading this, do not buy this car.
Lemon law, at least in the state of CA, car being in service for more than 30 days while under warranty.

Camille

First Name
Camille
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I go to walnut creek ford too. Sounds like they're not ready for roof nor windshield? I dunno if I trust them to do the windshield without messing something up. I have a non-glass roof.
We bought our Mach e at Walnut Creek Ford too! Great people!

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I keep forgetting which recall threads I post in ? sorry for the repetition.

Just made my 2nd attempt to drop mine off for this recall. FIrst attempt failed because they refused to give me a loaner, claiming it was less than a one-day repair, even though I tried to convince them this was not the case, and I had no ride home. So I went back today with someone to give me a ride home, and was told, "We can't do the windshield recall because we might crack the glass and Ford has not released any replacement windshields."

Would have been nice to know before I took time off of work and had a friend follow me there, right? In the grand scheme of the world's problems, this is minor, but man, for a brand new Ford car owner (never bought a new Ford before) just trying to do my duty to fix Ford's own screwup, they sure are making it difficult to like the brand and the dealership network.

They claimed they'd call me when windshields become available, but I seriously doubt it will ever get done without me doing all the legwork.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What a mess!

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I keep forgetting which recall threads I post in ? sorry for the repetition.

Just made my 2nd attempt to drop mine off for this recall. FIrst attempt failed because they refused to give me a loaner, claiming it was less than a one-day repair, even though I tried to convince them this was not the case, and I had no ride home. So I went back today with someone to give me a ride home, and was told, "We can't do the windshield recall because we might crack the glass and Ford has not released any replacement windshields."

Would have been nice to know before I took time off of work and had a friend follow me there, right? In the grand scheme of the world's problems, this is minor, but man, for a brand new Ford car owner (never bought a new Ford before) just trying to do my duty to fix Ford's own screwup, they sure are making it difficult to like the brand and the dealership network.

They claimed they'd call me when windshields become available, but I seriously doubt it will ever get done without me doing all the legwork.
I went twice to the dealer (Autonation Ford Torrance CA) since they scheduled the appointment. But once there, they said they had neither the training nor the parts to do this recall. Wonder if there are any other dealers close by who have competently done this for others.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Mine has been at the dealer and body shop for over a week now, the dealer did the software update last week, then sent it to an independent body shop that also does glass work. I called them today, and the body shop cracked the windshield while removing it, they hope to have a new one in another day or two.

tdwatts

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach-e; Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
I dropped off my car on Monday (three days ago) at 7:30 am for the scheduled recall appointment. It wasn't until the next morning at 8am that I received an alert that the car door was opened. No more alerts until 5pm that day. Yesterday there was a lot of door opening so I guessed they finally started work.

I called mid-morning today for a status update only to find out that I am the first recall at this dealer and they are waiting for a call back from Ford with more detailed instructions on how to perform the recall. The dealer wants clarification on whether they have to "cut out the roof". This is rather troubling to hear.

Two weeks ago the dealer replaced the front passenger strut after the car developed a rattle.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I went twice to the dealer (Autonation Ford Torrance CA) since they scheduled the appointment. But once there, they said they had neither the training nor the parts to do this recall. Wonder if there are any other dealers close by who have competently done this for others.
I stopped by the local Ford dealer 12/30 to start the process. They called me on Monday, I dropped mine off on Tuesday morning, Villa Ford of Orange, they took it to the repair shop Wednesday morning. Got a call this morning, back at Ford doing calibration, should be ready this afternoon. A month of waiting then a couple of days of work. But it got done (in theory, I haven't picked it up yet).

It was fun watching it on FordPass, like security alarm going off! That was my favorite! ?

Infinite_Jester

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2011 Chevy Suburban, 1966 Caddy
Country flag
Well, I had an uneventful recall experience. Dropped off Jarvis at Gwinnett Ford (near Atlanta) on Monday, picked it back up on Thursday. No damage anywhere. No smudges on trim or other imperfections anywhere. It all looks great.
Ford comped a rental, we got an Edge and it also was fine.

Can’t complain!
Sponsored