AEGinMD

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Ice Blue Silver (Nov 2022)
Occupation
government bureaucrat
Country flag
Thanks to so many who expressed sympathy for my Christmas eve disaster when a tree limb was driven through my 3-week old Premium (see original thread)! Just got it back from the collision center today -- good as new (and still smelling new!). Three weeks in the shop - most of that working on internal headliner while waiting for the glass to arrive. Once it arrived it was just a couple of days. Total cost: $5600 ( my comprehensive covered all but $500). The collision center was outstanding -- they worked closely with Ford to get it right and kept me informed regularly. Apparently they were working on another MachE roof replacement at the same time. And my next door neighbor and I have scheduled tree limb removal!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass roof pierced by tree limb -- FIXED UPDATE MachE Jan 28
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is a great example of why everyone that buys a Mach-E or any other vehicle with a glass roof should look into a separate glass deductible. Mine's $0. It would take around 7 years for my cost for that coverage to equal that deductible.

In some states, this isn't an option.

Glad it's all fixed!

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
My second biggest regret with this car is not owning a premium. I got the car early during the craze and dealerships were trying to bend me over a barrel.

I chose not to play their games but i wish i had that glass roof, cooler headlights, lighting inside, and glossy accents outside. Its all purely aesthetic so I guess its not so bad. Since i got the standard with tech and convenience package I have all the tech of the premium model.

sookestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
My second biggest regret with this car is not owning a premium. I got the car early during the craze and dealerships were trying to bend me over a barrel.

I chose not to play their games but i wish i had that glass roof, cooler headlights, lighting inside, and glossy accents outside. Its all purely aesthetic so I guess its not so bad. Since i got the standard with tech and convenience package I have all the tech of the premium model.
Having owned a Select and now GTPE, I can assure you that in my opinion you’re not missing out on much.

I’ve already had to replace a stone chipped pano roof that only the rear passengers can take advantage of, interior lighting that is quite dull and only in the front, pano trim that shows scratches more easily and front lights that are better, but only because they are brighter.

I bought the GTPE because of the smiles an hour but even that isn’t worth the $25k to be honest.
The Select was a damn fine car.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Having owned a Select and now GTPE, I can assure you that in my opinion you’re not missing out on much.

I’ve already had to replace a stone chipped pano roof that only the rear passengers can take advantage of, interior lighting that is quite dull and only in the front, pano trim that shows scratches more easily and front lights that are better, but only because they are brighter.

I bought the GTPE because of the smiles an hour but even that isn’t worth the $25k to be honest.
The Select was a damn fine car.
I really love my Select AWD, sometimes I wish I had Blue Cruise, and sometimes I wish I had extended range. I didn’t/don’t really need those things though, and the Select AWD is fast enough for me. Thank you for letting me know I’m honestly not missing much. Every other take I’ve heard gave me the impression that I was missing tons. As for the OP, super glad your car is in good shape and back in your possession.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Yeah, the glass roof does nothing for the front seats, and ya can't drive from the back seat. I'm not seeing the before pics @AEGinMD

OP
OP
AEGinMD

AEGinMD

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Ice Blue Silver (Nov 2022)
Occupation
government bureaucrat
Country flag

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
Thanks to so many who expressed sympathy for my Christmas eve disaster when a tree limb was driven through my 3-week old Premium (see original thread)! Just got it back from the collision center today -- good as new (and still smelling new!). Three weeks in the shop - most of that working on internal headliner while waiting for the glass to arrive. Once it arrived it was just a couple of days. Total cost: $5600 ( my comprehensive covered all but $500). The collision center was outstanding -- they worked closely with Ford to get it right and kept me informed regularly. Apparently they were working on another MachE roof replacement at the same time. And my next door neighbor and I have scheduled tree limb removal!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Glass roof pierced by tree limb -- FIXED UPDATE MachE Jan 28
Happy all is fixed, enjoy the car, they are amazing. And thanks for sharing

Shelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang Shelby GT350
Occupation
private investor
Country flag
I had a tree limb fall on my steal roof, aluminum hood, and back deck. It took 6 months to fix, but it only took a few days to fix after they called me in to the shop.

I paid the $500 deductible and my insurance paid $4600.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had a tree limb fall on my steal roof, aluminum hood, and back deck. It took 6 months to fix, but it only took a few days to fix after they called me in to the shop.

I paid the $500 deductible and my insurance paid $4600.
This belies the statements that some others have made that the glass roof is a better material than solid roof in regards to impacts.

sookestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I really love my Select AWD, sometimes I wish I had Blue Cruise, and sometimes I wish I had extended range. I didn’t/don’t really need those things though, and the Select AWD is fast enough for me. Thank you for letting me know I’m honestly not missing much. Every other take I’ve heard gave me the impression that I was missing tons. As for the OP, super glad your car is in good shape and back in your possession.
When you spend the $$$ for the GT, some are going to try to convince others to justify their expense. I live in Canada and BlueCruise, where I'm located, is pretty sparse. I have about 3-5km of highway where I can use it. I never use it. It's a gimmick for me and I'll never pay for it.

I love driving. I want to feel the control and manage my speed. I can very much see the appeal for those in major city centres with gridlock traffic, but the adaptive cruise control works great and lane centring.
Sponsored