benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I actually planned on getting something like this and was excited about this one. However, now that I've had the car for a while, not having a shade hasn't bothered me one bit. I sometimes forget its even glass.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I actually planned on getting something like this and was excited about this one. However, now that I've had the car for a while, not having a shade hasn't bothered me one bit. I sometimes forget its even glass.
TBH, as the driver, I ALWAYS forget. I have to lean back to remember, and the AC in this car works great.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I don't have my car yet so I can't really speak from experience, but I do have a big panoramic sunroof in my current car. I understand the idea of these things, but I don't understand the logic of paying extra for a glass roof, only to cover it up

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I don't have my car yet so I can't really speak from experience, but I do have a big panoramic sunroof in my current car. I understand the idea of these things, but I don't understand the logic of paying extra for a glass roof, only to cover it up
My Edge had the pano roof as well but had a motorized shade which I had closed 98% of the time. When I saw there wasn't a cover at all, I was worried and just planned on buying something before I had the car. Now that I have the car I realize its completely not needed.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
So far so good without one here in the South.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
The first thing I do when I get in my wife's car is uncover the pano roof and open it if the weather is nice. She keeps it covered and does not want any sun shining in her face. Maybe when I get my MME she will feel differently about the glass roof because I think it is better shielded than a typical opening pano. But if not, this shade is a must or she won't ride in it during daylight hours. That's why! :)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am not a fan of glass roofs but the Premium only came that way. Also not happy in order to get the 360˚ camera system in the GT it is bundled with the glass roof. I see the appeal with the roof but I think it is mainly for rear passengers which I never have in the car anyway. For the driver or front passenger to view through it, you have to look up.

I have a bald head and while the glass roof does a great job of rejecting heat from the sun, the radiant heat coming off the glass while it sits in the sun is enough to warm up my head. I do wear a hat most of the time but not usually when I am driving. I did order this sun shade and it arrives tomorrow but I will be out of town so on Wednesday I will install it and take some photos.

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was also worried about not having a sun shade and now feel I don't need it.

lotharik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, duh?
Country flag
I am not a fan of glass roofs but the Premium only came that way. Also not happy in order to get the 360˚ camera system in the GT it is bundled with the glass roof. I see the appeal with the roof but I think it is mainly for rear passengers which I never have in the car anyway. For the driver or front passenger to view through it, you have to look up.
Definitely this! I rode in the back seat for the first time the other week, and the pano roof is amazing. But as a driver I never notice it.