Glitches! Glitches! Glitches!

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
This thread is for weird and annoying behavior the doesn't look like a broken car, but still is annoying and weird.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Sometimes not very often when I arrive, turn off my car and try to leave the alarm starts................
I need to turn on the car and turn it off again to stop it.

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I've set my settings to fold the mirrors automatically. Then I turned that option off.
Now the car randomly folds the mirrors on its own but it never unfolds it back

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Random excessive UI lag is the biggest one for me, it is laggy going between menus at the best of times, but If I don't use the car for a few days half the time various screens can take ages to fully appear, nothing like backing out of the drive looking at an empty screen, by the time camera and top down view of the vehicle has rendered I am a ready to switch from R to D.

UI Frunk open is another one sometimes it works quickly other times it takes numerous prods on the screen to get it to work to the point where it would have been faster for me to open the door and double pull the manual release. 🤣

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
A couple times, while using cruise control, car hallucinates a phantom speed limit sign and speeds up or slows down.

Quite often at drivethroughs, car will sound a proximity alarm, and once or twice has followed that with "front collision assist (or something like that) unavailable".

Once got the headlight dial bug (car constantly chimes when door is open, fixed by jogging the dial)

Once got the sound system explosion bug (speakers produce only slight static, and jogging the volume dial causes loud booms).

Android Auto glitches (don't know if it's the car's fault or AA/phone's fault):
-Will very often pause Spotify (seems to happen more when going over a bump, but that might be my imagination)
-Will rarely fail to connect (in spite of seeing my phone's bluetooth)
-Asking Google to play something causes it to play at one volume for a second or so, and then it changes to a different volume

Don't know if this counts as a glitch, since it's constant, but speed-compensated volume simply does nothing.

Might seem like a lot of complaints, but man, compared to the cornucopia of bugs and issues I run into with Windows daily, this is like butter.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For me the current trip does not always reset to zero miles. Timer and mi/kW do always reset. No big deal though.

Spck83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e extended iconic silver
Country flag
Yes yes to all of these but the most annoying pointed out is the Android auto bumps get disconnected even hardwired with different cables on a not 20 ultra. Hell everytime I come to a specific intersection and come to a stop I tell my daughter sorry coconelon radio stops everytime here never fail.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
Multiples times I've had wireless CarPlay disconnect when I put the car into reverse or when the 360 camera kicks in. I would need to tap on a different tile, then tap CarPlay for it to reconnect.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The past few days, my user profile doesn't load automatically. It did that for a long time after I bought it, then for the past several months it has always loaded my profile, but now, it's gone back to doing it maybe half the time.

Love the car. Infotainment is half-baked still.

robbinbadams

First Name
Robbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
When I am listening to audible using car play I tap the button to stop playing. It stops for a few seconds and starts back up. Sometimes I have to stop it 3-4 times to get it stopped. Most of the time it only takes once.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
-Reverse Brake Assist warning never goes away in reverse regardless of all the "fixes" that everyone seems to think will work
-Apple CarPlay sometimes will just not connect at all unless I reboot my phone (not sure if its the UI or my phone)
-Every single time I go into Spotify upon startup, if I tap the "Now Playing" icon, it'll go there and within a half of a second, it'll bounce back to the main Spotify screen, making me have to tap Now Playing again to get to the song selection screen.
-Reverse camera sometimes shows black. Rarely, but more than once, the reverse camera tile will take up half the screen and not go away while driving forward forcing me to hard reset
-Charge level sync from FordPass will not take in the car. I have to manually set my charge level inside the car
-Window auto up/down often stops working forcing me to do the hold down to reset it
-Auto headlights often turn themselves off. It happens so often that I can tell if my car is beeping at me when I get in, I know I need to rotate the lights back to Auto
-Raw power I paid for cuts in half after 5 seconds of use

Spck83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e extended iconic silver
Country flag
I think Ford really skimped on the cpu or ram because like you say the sluggishness sometimes. It's especially bad at start I have noticed I will be cold (for me) in the morning this past winter go out and start and hit buttons watch stuff turn on off, then learned got to give it a good what feels like 2 minutes for full boot very slow I would say.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
For me the current trip does not always reset to zero miles. Timer and mi/kW do always reset. No big deal though.
Workaround - press the start button without the brake, then in a couple of seconds, start the car normally. It resets the miles on the second start button press. (well, it works for me. try at your own risk :D)

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Workaround - press the start button without the brake, then in a couple of seconds, start the car normally. It resets the miles on the second start button press. (well, it works for me. try at your own risk :D)
Yes it does work for me. Just kind of ridiculous that we have to do it!

MG101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Brake coach turns itself back on randomly. That just started happening.

Sometimes I can open any other door before opening the driver's, sometimes I can't.

Fordpass doesn't know what update I'm on.

PAAK
Sponsored