GM and EVgo announce network expansion

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Yeah, while it was smart for EA to partner with Walmart for their city chargers, it's not really the best place for highway chargers. Partnering with McDonalds or Arby's or Taco Bell, etc would be better for those, as one 45 minute food stop is ideal right off the highway on long road trips. (Doesn't address what to do on the other 3-4 stops, but it's a start).

Although I suppose most Walmarts either have food outlets inside, or sharing the same parking lot.
Cracker Barrel parking lots would be great, they are already along most highways and they have been struggling to attract a younger crowd. Could be win win.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah, while it was smart for EA to partner with Walmart for their city chargers, it's not really the best place for highway chargers. Partnering with McDonalds or Arby's or Taco Bell, etc would be better for those, as one 45 minute food stop is ideal right off the highway on long road trips. (Doesn't address what to do on the other 3-4 stops, but it's a start).

Although I suppose most Walmarts either have food outlets inside, or sharing the same parking lot.
A couple of combinations I've seen recently that work:
L3 charger in Arby's lot next door to a Sheetz
L3 in the middle of the restaurant district of a small town where you can get real food!