GM announced Supercuise pricing (hands free ACC and Autosteer)

Would you guys rather pay for a subscription or a flat fee?

• Total voters

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, but I would guess that Ford wouldn't allow you to pick up the subscription each summer when you're traveling and then cancel the rest of the year. I'm sure they'd have some kind of restrictions like minimum length contracts or something
Which is the reason I voted for a flat fee. I'd only be interested in a subscription when I would plan to use it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Yoliber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TM3 SR+
Country flag
I think the lidar mapping is necessary for the hands free part. Otherwise you get your basic ACC and lane keep with steering wheel nag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I can't stand this. Just price the cars properly and cut this crrap out. Make it part of an option pack right of front if they feel the need. No one likes to be nickled and dimed after the fact. Better yet, just include it in the base price of a car and move on.

EVer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 SuperCrew Cab, Tesla Model 3P
Country flag
The point was to relate the GM monthly fee to the MME handsfree, not to evaluate the supercruise itself. That is, paying for it as a monthly fee vs in full once.
My mistake. I prefer to pay once.

Ricmic8560

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Cadillac XT5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hope this is in the right category.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/09/21/cadillac-super-cruise-plan-price-25-month/

GM announced their pricing for Supercruise which is after a 3 year trial.

I believe Ford hasn't announced their pricing yet. I personally like this subscription model because there is no guarantee that LIDAR mapping remains relevant in the upcoming years. We are still in the early stages of autonomous tech so it makes sense to me to pay a subscription for it.

Which would you guys prefer?
I don't think any car manufacturer should be nickle and diming anyone for a subscription for something that should be included in the price of the car already? Especially if its a luxury car priced $50k-$100K!

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My mistake. I prefer to pay once.
I kind of agree on that but we have to remember that given the fact that these systems need constant improvement and development over time, then a constant revenue from it helps keep developpers and engineers on the matter, that's the way you can receive OTA updates.
Sponsored