David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
So my MME order that got pushed into MY'23 will only get half tax credit ?

Bummer!

At least the price tag of the '23 MME will be '22 thanks to the transitional private cash offer.
Under the old scheme, you would’ve only gotten a half credit for a car delivered in the first part of 2023. So you’ve lost nothing at this point.
Sponsored

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
We're wasting $20 billion every year for the last 30 years subsidizing fossil fuel and will continue to do so. Why aren't you complaining about that too.
Because this isn't a thread about ICE vehicles and oil subsidies? If I complain about one thing that I think is wrong, how many other wrong things am I required to complain about?

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
If it gets delivered this year, it will still qualify for the $7500 tax credit. If it doesn‘t get delivered until 2023, it’s possible that it will only qualify for half. It’s also possible that secretary guidance doesn‘t come out by then, and it still qualifies for the full credit. There’s no way to know at this point.
So if Secretary Buttigieg delays getting the guidance through the Federal Register process. it’s a $7500 tax credit free for all for North American built EVs in 2023?!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So if Secretary Buttigieg delays getting the guidance through the Federal Register process. it’s a $7500 tax credit free for all for North American built EVs in 2023?!
It’s a possibility. But the income and price limits would still apply.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
If it gets delivered this year, it will still qualify for the $7500 tax credit. If it doesn‘t get delivered until 2023, it’s possible that it will only qualify for half. It’s also possible that secretary guidance doesn‘t come out by then, and it still qualifies for the full credit. There’s no way to know at this point.
Yep I agree that is why Ford is asking the gov to relax their rules so that they can give customers the full credit.
Sponsored