2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Because truck stops are exactly where I want to charge...

Actually, for F-150Ls, this MAY be ideal.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Because truck stops are exactly where I want to charge...

They are basically same as Love’s now. Few different options to eat and also go to restroom. This is a welcome addition. Just wish Buc-ees would do it for everyone not just Tesla.

strangeengine

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE (sold after 2mo - suspension sucks!)
Country flag
If they are smart, they will be arranged as pull-through slots so you can charge with a trailer connected.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
EVGo has a terrible reputation with the MachE ... Let's hope they do better otherwise these will be useless like most of their other ones.

@gpgrim yes I've "attempted" to use 200kws before. Blew the charging station up... but they are there.

There was also a recent update performed to many EVGo stations ( I think last week) in an attempt to fix charging with the MMEs, I haven't tested it yet.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Nice to have a non Walmart option.

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does EVGo have a 150 kW tower? All the EVGo's I've crossed paths with are 50 kW, which isn't going to be that useful for folks making long distance runs.
https://www.teslarati.com/gm-collab...ld-evgo-fast-charging-network-across-the-u-s/
States "The Pilot and Flying J locations that will be equipped with EVgo fast chargers will include numerous stalls, including ones capable of charging speeds up to 350 kW."

They are basically same as Love’s now. Few different options to eat and also go to restroom. This is a welcome addition. Just wish Buc-ees would do it for everyone not just Tesla.
I was so happy when I read that Buc-ees was getting EV chargers but then disappointed when they installed Tesla chargers. :(

I think over all the plans being put in place now installing at ICE filling stations is a great move for greater EV adoption.

gpgrim

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 4XP, MB E-350, Exp. EB, Subaru XTrek
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
EVGo has a terrible reputation with the MachE ... Let's hope they do better otherwise these will be useless like most of their other ones.

@gpgrim yes I've "attempted" to use 200kws before. Blew the charging station up... but they are there.

There was also a recent update performed to many EVGo stations ( I think last week) in an attempt to fix charging with the MMEs, I haven't tested it yet.
Good to know. Most of the CA towers seem to be 50 kW on their map. I spent over 2 hours one day in Santa Barbara getting the HVB to a point where i could enjoy the scenery after the run down the coast. What a waste of time.

Didn't help that the night before I headed home I ran across a new EA/Tesla setup that would have done the same charge in less than 30 min. 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

From EVgo site
Ford Mustang Mach-E GM & Pilot to build 2000 EVgo charging stations at 500 locations along US highways 1657814378968

See story about stating 350kW charger support

FarSide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Type '70 Vet, Outback Onyx, '04 Wrangler
Country flag
I have never heard of Pilot or Flying J on the east coast but I'm glad for expansion anywhere. Hopefully, this will boost EVGo as an organization.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Good to know. Most of the CA towers seem to be 50 kW on their map. I spent over 2 hours one day in Santa Barbara getting the HVB to a point where i could enjoy the scenery after the run down the coast. What a waste of time.

Didn't help that the night before I headed home I ran across a new EA/Tesla setup that would have done the same charge in less than 30 min. 🤦‍♂️
Yeah I DCFC a lot ... probably close to 100-200kw of juice each week. EA stations are by far the most reliable and fastest with the MME. I really refuse to use anything else.

Last week I decided to give the Shell Recharge station (rated at 150) in Santa Nella a go again and again I just got 50kw delivered from it.

A lot of people bash on EA, but take it from someone who uses these things on the road all the time, stick with EA and you'll be much happier. Hopefully EVGo's new network will be just as good. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

From my understanding it’s just the older ones

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Does EVGo have a 150 kW tower? All the EVGo's I've crossed paths with are 50 kW, which isn't going to be that useful for folks making long distance runs.
I visited an EVGo station last week that had 4 350kW stalls. It was nice to see that many in an urban environment (Denver).

(We did have a weird issue where the truck would charge at 215kW for about 30 seconds and then plummet to 75kW for a minute before ramping back up to 215 again - over and over. After a few minutes of that, it settled in at a steady 175 kW for quite awhile.)

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
The charger they are using will be 350kW units which should deliver a full 500A that is needed for the GM EVs to hit their peak charging.
Sponsored