Deleted member 3569

Ford please take a note and add EVgo to the BlueOval network so that it can be integrally incorporated into the Plug&Charge feature akin to the current EA+ personal accounts.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Ford please take a note and add EVgo to the BlueOval network so that it can be integrally incorporated into the Plug&Charge feature akin to the current EA+ personal accounts.
^^^ Second this! I love P&C. It is one of the advantages over getting gas in an ICE vehicle. Plug in and walk away. Can't do that with ICE.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wifey knows every Walmart layout by heart along i-95 from FL all the way to NJ ... Pooler SC ...Walterboro SC ...Lumberton NC ...Emporia VA ...Richmond VA ...Stafford VA ... Washington DC ...Columbia MD ... Abingdon MD ... etc... etc... Walmart should give us the users of EA a frequent shopper discount credit card ....
They give everyone the equivalent of a discount card, just built into their everyday prices. :cool:

We actually kinda like that they're frequently in Walmart lots (as long as it's right off the highway). Of course most of the time we don't even buy anything when making 4-5 charging stops in the day, but usually once in the day we do. And it's nice having a full store of stuff at good prices rather than just an overpriced convenience store.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
^^^ Second this! I love P&C. It is one of the advantages over getting gas in an ICE vehicle. Plug in and walk away. Can't do that with ICE.
I like it too. Although I don't feel like I can just plug in and walk away. I always feel the need to stand there for the 30-60 seconds to make sure it starts OK and gets decent power.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I like it too. Although I don't feel like I can just plug in and walk away. I always feel the need to stand there for the 30-60 seconds to make sure it starts OK and gets decent power.
Yeah, that's true. I don't instantly walk away. I also make sure the charging has started. But it always has, so I probably don't need to do that. After walking away I could just verify with FP.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The issue right now is that EVGO is not supporting P&C, only the Autocharge feature. With P&C the billing gets done via Ford and uses the ISO 15118 protocol. I have Autocharge set up for my Bolt on EVGO and it works, but the billing is done via my EVGO account. It gets set up via the MyChevrolet App, by connecting to my EVGO account, then GM sends EVGO the MAC address of the car so it recognizes it when I plug in. It initiates faster than P&C does on EA with my MME, because the protocol is simpler, but not as secure.

FYI, EVGO is part of the Blue Oval network, but you have to manually initiate the charge today.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, that's true. I don't instantly walk away. I also make sure the charging has started. But it always has, so I probably don't need to do that. After walking away I could just verify with FP.
I figure I'm running about 75% on first-attempts now. Did 16 EAs on a road trip a few weeks ago, and I think 4 of those I had to move to a 2nd charger to get it to start. One I had to move to a 3rd. But I've never left an EA station without a charge (almost EA 100 charges now).

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Anyone seen any movement on this at any location?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone seen any movement on this at any location?
Nope. Gotta wonder if their plans will change now that they signed on to have access to Tesla Superchargers just like Ford.
Sponsored