JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Its so true - I see today very large SUVs and trucks and same deal at soccer practices or school activities
We've taken our RV to our son's baseball games (yeah ok they were double headers and we tailgated lunch inbetween the games for the team).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I'm reading the thread about the reveal in the EV subreddit and the Tesla fanboys sure are butthurt over the threat to that ugly Cybertruck.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wait...something that big is faster than the Mach-e GT performance?!?!?!
0-60 is about rapid power delivery and traction. There's no way it will outperform a GT once you include a few curves.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I put in a reservation for a GMC HUMMER EV EDITION 1. I am not sure why but I did. It was $100 and refundable.

That Engineering Explained article is pretty interesting.
The battery pack is over 200kWh. That is more than double the Extended Range Mach E.
24 cells per module. 12 modules per layer. Two layers. That is 576 cells. That is so much weight.
And how far will that 200 kWh take you in a Hummer?

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
GM is being coy with the curb weight of this thing. The original H2 had a curb weight of about 6600lbs. I bet this thing adds another 4k on top of that with that gigantic bank of batteries

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
They showed it during the World Series. (e.g. the announcer's even introduced the commercial: "And now a first look at the all new....")
I think it may have been right after I wrote that I saw that commercial.

That thing is impressive but it’s SO massive! If you remember the H2. It was huge and driven by suburbanites. I shutter to think what’s going to happen when a soccer mom gets in that beast with a 3 second 0-60. Parking lots will be dangerous
Not just soccer moms . . . I am a school board member in a VERY diverse school district. From the wealthiest to the poorest kids in our county. We HAVE had kids that drive Hummers to school in High School. I'm more worried about what they will do with that quick 0-60 time.

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
And how far will that 200 kWh take you in a Hummer?
About 350 miles according to the release. The video by Engineering Explained is good.

It shows how much GM overdid it. Very similar to the way GM overdid the H1. This thing will be massively heavy. GM took the approach of just throw more batteries at it and stack them on top of each other. Kind of like a 10 old year creating a starship wishlist.

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
About 350 miles according to the release. The video by Engineering Explained is good.

It shows how much GM overdid it. Very similar to the way GM overdid the H1. This thing will be massively heavy. GM took the approach of just throw more batteries at it and stack them on top of each other. Kind of like a 10 year creating a starship wishlist.
Except this starship is more Orville than Enterprise.

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
I charged next to a prototype Hummer today in Moab. That thing was huge...doesn’t seem well suited to the city life these seem targeted towards. And too big to be a great off-road vehicle.
Ford Mustang Mach-E GMC Hummer EV Reveal Happens at 8pm EDT tonight 78160E7B-09C5-4A05-A790-985C98B25922
Ford Mustang Mach-E GMC Hummer EV Reveal Happens at 8pm EDT tonight 390AB5C5-73AD-4CB7-A891-0FD96A48D602

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
I charged next to a prototype Hummer today in Moab. That thing was huge...doesn’t seem well suited to the city life these seem targeted towards. And too big to be a great off-road vehicle.
Ford Mustang Mach-E GMC Hummer EV Reveal Happens at 8pm EDT tonight 390AB5C5-73AD-4CB7-A891-0FD96A48D602
Great picture! With the estimated 200 kWh pack, they better support 350 kW charging, otherwise it'll be there for a good long time.