wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Just curious if anyone has gone to a driven-in movie with a Mach e and ran the radio through the whole movie? Just wondering if anyone had a problem with losing power? Thanks
Sponsored

Abcdang

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Forester XT
Country flag
We did. Had the Car “started” since I was afraid of draining the 12v in accessory mode. If you use the radio by itself it shuts off at 30min

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone had a problem with losing power
You can idle run the car for ages without any issue of depleting the HVB. Even if you were running the heat full blast I think there would be no issue making it through a movie. There was a post where someone had shared their experience camping in the MME. Can't remember the exact amount of battery they lost, but it was hardly anything after 8 something hours.

I've also ran my car personally for about 3.5hrs without any issue.

First Name
Reiner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Match-E, 2013 Scion FR-S
Occupation
Manager, Software Engineering in Test
Country flag
Yep watched The Eternals with the spouse and one year old when it came out.

After changing the Setting to not power off after 30 minutes, we had the MME running the entirety of the movie with no issues.

Really helped because we were getting heavy fogs that time of the year and temps were around mid-50s (I know not as bad as some of you folks, but we’re in Southern California ?) and we had the E-heat on keeping us nice and comfy, with the added bonus that when our son lost interest after the trailer we were able to plug-in his iPad in the USB to play his shows.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Bill and Reiner - this helps a lot. My family is Covid shy (vaccinated and boosted) but they are still concerned (including my college student who does not want to miss returning to campus after the holiday break.) However, they also really want to see the Spider-Man movie. Figured a drive-in would fit the bill if we can get at least a semi-clear night.

Wade

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We did. Had the Car “started” since I was afraid of draining the 12v in accessory mode. If you use the radio by itself it shuts off at 30min
Thanks Alexis but see MilesBowserN3’s response. Can change a setting to not have it power off after 30 minutes. I will try this

Wade

Abcdang

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Forester XT
Country flag
So you pressed the start button, without stepping on the brakes?

Yep watched The Eternals with the spouse and one year old when it came out.

After changing the Setting to not power off after 30 minutes, we had the MME running the entirety of the movie with no issues.

Really helped because we were getting heavy fogs that time of the year and temps were around mid-50s (I know not as bad as some of you folks, but we’re in Southern California ?) and we had the E-heat on keeping us nice and comfy, with the added bonus that when our son lost interest after the trailer we were able to plug-in his iPad in the USB to play his shows.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
If I try this, how do I get the driving lights to turn off while the car is “running.” No need to be blinding the family in front of me.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
If I try this, how do I get the driving lights to turn off while the car is “running.” No need to be blinding the family in front of me.
The light knob to the left of the steering wheel defaults to Automatic; just turn it to off.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The light knob to the left of the steering wheel defaults to Automatic; just turn it to off.
Oh. I thought daytime driving lights were on no matter what the headlight switch was set to. What good are daytime driving lights if they are off when the headlights are off? But.. OK.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Thanks Bill and Reiner - this helps a lot. My family is Covid shy (vaccinated and boosted) but they are still concerned (including my college student who does not want to miss returning to campus after the holiday break.) However, they also really want to see the Spider-Man movie. Figured a drive-in would fit the bill if we can get at least a semi-clear night.

Wade
The new Spider-Man was a great movie. Drive in version is an excellent idea, I will have to see if they play any decent movies on the drive in around me! We went to the theater to watch spider-man and I didn’t miss the theaters themselves.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
Oh. I thought daytime driving lights were on no matter what the headlight switch was set to. What good are daytime driving lights if they are off when the headlights are off? But.. OK.
I just went out and verified that (at least on my Job 1 vehicle) they are entirely off if I move the lights knob all the way to off. Just running lights is a setting in between.

daniel9478

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I just went out and verified that (at least on my Job 1 vehicle) they are entirely off if I move the lights knob all the way to off. Just running lights is a setting in between.
Just looking at the workshop manual, the behavior differs between country and gear selection as well. For U.S. vehicles, if the headlamp switch is off, all lamps are off, including DRLs. If the headlamp switch is in Auto and it is daytime, lamps will be off if the gear selector is in P and DRLs will be on if it is in R, N, or D.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Thank you and @daniel9478 for clarifying and verifying. Cool to know.
Sponsored