James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 8-25-21: 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E CalRt1
Occupation
Risk Management/Insurance
Country flag
Waiting for our Mustangs to be built has most folks chasing the imperfect tracking data from Ford or chasing their dealer for VVRs. Well, here is another interesting metric: Job listings at Ford's Cuautitlan plant in Mexico, on indeed.com. Some interesting positions, on which we can only speculate as to what they are up to. For example, a position is listed for HR recruiter; must be planning some engineering/technology hires. Ford job board in Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico. - January 2022 | Indeed.com Mexico
Sponsored

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Waiting for our Mustangs to be built has most folks chasing the imperfect tracking data from Ford or chasing their dealer for VVRs. Well, here is another interesting metric: Job listings at Ford's Cuautitlan plant in Mexico, on indeed.com. Some interesting positions, on which we can only speculate as to what they are up to. For example, a position is listed for HR recruiter; must be planning some engineering/technology hires. Ford job board in Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico. - January 2022 | Indeed.com Mexico
Do you think they would allow us to help build the car we ordered, ensure the quality and get it sooner? If so, there might be some takers.

OP
OP
JamesInWeston

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Do you think they would allow us to help build the car we ordered, ensure the quality and get it sooner? If so, there might be some takers.
I'm pleased with the quality of the cars I've owned that were built at Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant (CSAP), like my 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis. What I would like is to be able to pick up my Mustang at the factory and drive it home. It would take me much less than the 42 day average to Florida.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
You could complain about so many things wrong that they would have to ship your car back... Hide in the frunk to save the airfare and than drive it home.

What? The frunk has a drain.

nhammerschmidt

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4
Country flag
I'm pleased with the quality of the cars I've owned that were built at Cuautitlan Stamping and Assembly Plant (CSAP), like my 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis. What I would like is to be able to pick up my Mustang at the factory and drive it home. It would take me much less than the 42 day average to Florida.
The charging network in Mexico would necessitate a trailer and an ICE vehicle

OP
OP
JamesInWeston

JamesInWeston

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The charging network in Mexico would necessitate a trailer and an ICE vehicle
I'd just unpack my portable solar array and lay it on the car, like the lady in that Black Mirror episode.