mfb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 C-Max Energi (2), Red Premium ER RWD MME
Country flag
I just purchased a red Premium RWD Extended Range MME from Middleton Ford (just outside Madison, WI).

I reserved the car in December 2019 and converted it to an order in December 2020. It was built in May 2021 and delivered to the dealer in mid-June. That pretty much agreed with the status shown on the Ford web site. Except in early June I got an email from Ford saying the car would be delayed 3-4 weeks. It was delivered almost the next day. Go figure.

The experience with Middleton Ford was no-hassle. The did not charge ADM, accepted the X Plan, didn't try to sell me extra stuff, and did Ford Options with no problem. They emailed me all the paperwork ahead of time and the closing took about an hour, mostly shuffling and signing paperwork.

They did not mount the front license plate holder and did not put any of their stickers on the car. I'm buying a front bracket from Craig's Custom Brackets.

My only squawk is that they charged me $350 for an extra key fob. That seemed awfully stiff but they had it ready to go when I arrived and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle of finding and programming a third party fob. So I swallowed hard and took the deal.

And the state of Wisconsin charges sales tax on the full list price, before X Plan discount, even though it was a Ford Options deal. That's different from a lease. But that's not the dealer's fault, and I wanted Ford Options so I'd get the tax credit.

Bottom line: Middleton Ford is highly recommended.
Sponsored