Good experience w recent upgrades - including FordPass 3.35.2

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
I love my MME but had been pretty disapppointed with FordPass and a number of onboard features. But my erxperience - recent upgrades have been significant improvements. I am using a Samsung Note 10 on Android 11

On November 11 I got PowerUp 1.7.1 OTA and while looking for some announced but really elusive/non-existent features (like setting radio presets in the app) I upgraded to FP 3.4. By some combination of those 2 upgrades I saw these improvements:
  • Android Auto would connect quickly and reliably (vast improvement)
  • PaaK was moderately functioning. Only problem was if I remote started the MME, the phone would open the door but I'd get a "No Key" warning and wouldn't let me go to Drive. (Unexpected given that the phone in proximity opened the door, so some system knew the phone was there.) The remote start was from beyond bluetooth range.
  • The center display no longer froze up frequently
New problems with those upgrades:
  • Battery drain on my phone was very high - FP drained 65% of the battery in 8 hours (but my phone was a nice handwarmer??)
  • I lost the function of Easy Access - seat retracts to make exit and entry easier
With the FP 3.35.2 Upgrade I got these benefits:
  • The Android basttery drain was fixed
  • PaaK seems (in 1 day of use) to work great. I remote started (again from beyond bluetooth range) was abl;e to enter the car and drive away in exactly the way you would expect!!!
A couple of fixes that I think came from 3.35.2 (or might have been 3.4)
  • I was getting strange chage conflict messages. I.E. Must charge outside of scheduled time to reach desired charge (not sure of exact language) BUT that was when connected to the Ford charger on a 50 amp 240v curcuit - and needed to go from 87% to 90% in the 12 hour window my schedule allows. Obviously, charging outside the schedule was not required.
  • I would see a charge status message saying MME has been plugged in for 4 days - when it has been in use episodically in that time etc. These embarassingly incorrect messages seem to have stopped.
So - despite some of the negative comments about recent upgrades I've seen in this and other forums - I see improvements! Thanks to all the team making my new car seem closer to a wholly functioning car.
Sponsored