TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
So first the good news: My car was delivered to the dealer this afternoon! (yay!)

Now the bad news:

There is damage to the car. :eek:

The black trim on the front has been scraped up. The dealer was watching the car get unloaded and noticed it (so it's the responsibility of the trucking company). There is a matching scratch on the other side.

Also.... is that Grabber Blue paint I see on that trim?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Good News & Bad News IMG_1647

Anyway... they are taking care of it now (it's in the paint shop) and they said they'll inspect it and either remove it, sand it, and repaint it. If I'm not satisfied with it they will replace it.

He says if they have to replace it, the car is certainly drivable ... so I don't have to wait to take delivery and they can swap it when the replacement piece comes in.

One other nit thing the dealer noticed ... the car is configured for kilometers. They switched the speedometer to read in miles but the odometer and the range-remaining estimates are all in kilometers. They'll re-configure that. I'm surprised that requires the dealer to re-configure. I'd think that would be a setting I could change on my own.

He says they'll have the car ready for me on Friday.
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Congrats on the delivery. Ouch, sorry to see that, but not completely surprising either. The grabber blue paint, not good. Hopefully this isn't going to happen with a lot of the trucking load/unloads.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
So first the good news: My car was delivered to the dealer this afternoon! (yay!)

Now the bad news:

The black trim on the front has been scraped up. The dealer was watching the car get unloaded and noticed it (so it's the responsibility of the trucking company). There is a matching scratch on the other side.

Anyway... they are taking care of it now (it's in the paint shop) and they said they'll inspect it and either remove it, sand it, and repaint it. If I'm not satisfied with it they will replace it.

He says if they have to replace it, the car is certainly drivable ... so I don't have to wait to take delivery and they can swap it when the replacement piece comes in.

One other nit thing the dealer noticed ... the car is configured for kilometers. They switched the speedometer to read in miles but the odometer and the range-remaining estimates are all in kilometers. They'll re-configure that. I'm surprised that requires the dealer to re-configure. I'd think that would be a setting I could change on my own.

who has GB with red or black scratches?

congrats on getting the car but man its a bummer

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I believe the miles/kilometers are user configurable but the dealer probably just wants to do it so you can have a better experience.
Sorry to hear about the damage. Good news it's pretty easy to fix and impossible to spot afterwards.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
This is one of my worst fears, irrational, I know, but still will suck.

Sorry you have to have it fixed, but kudos to your dealer for spotting it and taking care of you!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Limiting it to the black trim is pretty best case scenario.

I believe the miles/kilometers are user configurable but the dealer probably just wants to do it so you can have a better experience.
Sorry to hear about the damage. Good news it's pretty easy to fix and impossible to spot afterwards.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag

Now the bad news:

This sucks, I hope they make it right, sounds like they will.

That being said, I didn’t know there was a two-tone paint option ?

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Not sure how things are in the US but I believe in Canada a car must be in kilometers... Therefore you wouldn't be able to change it yourself. Mind you, with today's driver information systems you can often get a speedo reading in miles... But the Canadian cars for example have to be in metric

People buying cars in the US and importing them have to get that measure unit fixed usually to pass safety checks

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I test drove a car saturday and it was set in kilometers. ITs just a setting in the menu. It took a few minutes to find it but its there.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Limiting it to the black trim is pretty best case scenario.
Yep. One thing that I debated on when ordering was the Star White color but its a tri-coat and those are almost impossible to color match when doing repairs.
I ended up going with Infinite Blue which says it's a tinted clear so might be just the same problem but with a different spin. I guess we'll see.... ?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Same concern but still went with red anyway. My 10 yr old was pretty much the decider (and my first car being a red mustang.)

Yep. One thing that I debated on when ordering was the Star White color but its a tri-coat and those are almost impossible to color match when doing repairs.
I ended up going with Infinite Blue which says it's a tinted clear so might be just the same problem but with a different spin. I guess we'll see.... ?

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the problem, but I'd be surprised if they can't fix this fairly easily. Should be good to go by this weekend!

tomterky

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Mustang Pony Edition Convertible; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
The dealer demo car that I saw at my dealer Monday was damaged in transport on the under carriage. They said it occurred when it was being put on or taken off the truck. They were waiting to hear from Ford how to repair it as they had not had training yet. I checked their website today and it is no longer listed. I'm guessing they had to send it somewhere else.