Good News! Our dealer has found a car for my wife.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
On 5/3 my wife and I placed orders for 2 AWD, EX, Premiums. Mine in metallic grey, hers in silver. I told the dealer I'll go with red too.

The dealer called this morning (5/15) and has a canceled order car coming in silver. It'll be here in a few weeks.

So, there ya go.
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They are out there for sure, I just looked at my local dealers site and they have at least 10 on hand or on the way (stock, not customer)

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
On 5/3 my wife and I placed orders for 2 AWD, EX, Premiums. Mine in metallic grey, hers in silver. I told the dealer I'll go with red too.

The dealer called this morning (5/15) and has a canceled order car coming in silver. It'll be here in a few weeks.

So, there ya go.
Congrats! You must both be super excited.

Do you already have arrangements for charging? Both Enel X and Clipper Creek make chargers that can share the same charging circuit for people with two EVs. When one car is charging it gets full amps. When two cars are charging, they divide the amps between cars.

Clipper Creek has two varieties... their dual charging is a single EVSE with two charging cables (that assumes you have one location on the wall that can reach both cars.). Their 'Share2' variety is two separate wall boxes each with just a single cable ... but they talk to each other via WiFi to know when they can use all the power vs. need to share power.

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e 4x, 1965 F-100, 1999 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Congrats. Iconic Silver, represent! Just took mine home yesterday, same color and spec as your wife’s, with space grey interior. :cool:

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

Do you already have arrangements for charging? Both Enel X and Clipper Creek make chargers that can share the same charging circuit for people with two EVs. When one car is charging it gets full amps. When two cars are charging, they divide the amps between cars.

Clipper Creek has two varieties... their dual charging is a single EVSE with two charging cables (that assumes you have one location on the wall that can reach both cars.). Their 'Share2' variety is two separate wall boxes each with just a single cable ... but they talk to each other via WiFi to know when they can use all the power vs. need to share power.
That will be worth looking at, but at the moment I park my car outside the 4 car (yes, it's full, see my avatar) and my wife parks inside the 2 car garage. I may be moving my parking up to her garage, but at the moment there's a partially restored Model A Ford in it.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Wallbox Pulsar Plus Smart Charger has that feature as well. 25" cable. Small foot print on sale on Amazon for $599. Here is what they say for multiple vehicles....

• Power Sharing. Connect more than one Pulsar Plus to the same electrical circuit to safely charge multiple EVs at one time. Built-in smart power management automatically balances charging to ensure the most efficient energy distribution, with no need for extra components.
Sponsored