Good NJ-area dealer for the glass recalls?

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I live in central NJ and have been trying to get the two recalls (windshield and glass roof) scheduled for a few months. Ideally, I'd go to a dealer that's done this before and that has a dedicated body shop.

Unfortunately, I can't even find a dealer who can get the parts for this recall. I've called around to three or four Ford dealers and all have told me they're waiting on parts. I haven't found a dealer that's finished even one recall.

Does anyone know of any Ford dealers in the NJ area (will also drive to eastern PA) that have successfully done the recall (and ideally have done a good job)?
Sponsored

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
I had mine done a while ago at Maloof in North Brunswick. They did a nice job and I had no issues. Although they didnt actually do the work. Using the security feature on FordPass I could see where they sent it in Edison to have the glass work done. But a minimum the glass folks they use did a good job. Can’t speak for the availability of parts at this time.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
Done at Ditschman in Flemington end of January. No issues. Said they'd done many before mine. They contracted glass work to Vision Quest Auto Glass in Whitehouse Station. Glass work was done in one day but had to leave car at Ditschman the day before so they could prep.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Done at Ditschman in Flemington end of January. No issues. Said they'd done many before mine. They contracted glass work to Vision Quest Auto Glass in Whitehouse Station. Glass work was done in one day but had to leave car at Ditschman the day before so they could prep.
Good to know they have a good service dept. As an aside, are you still enjoying your bike rack?

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to know they have a good service dept. As an aside, are you still enjoying your bike rack?
Yes I am! Two to three times a week. Some trail parking even has free juice. I hope you're enjoying your rack too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Good NJ-area dealer for the glass recalls? IMG_1794

Ford Mustang Mach-E Good NJ-area dealer for the glass recalls? IMG_1899

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
Yes I am! Two to three times a week. Some trail parking even has free juice. I hope you're enjoying your rack too.

No rack yet since no car yet. Hoping it comes sometime in June. And if I do decide on the rack I may take you up on your prior offer to help :).

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No rack yet since no car yet. Hoping it comes sometime in June. And if I do decide on the rack I may take you up on your prior offer to help :).
Oh, OK, I guess I got ahead of things and thought you had it. Hope your car arrives when expected in June. I'll help with the rack when you're ready, if you decide on one.

I took delivery on June 10, 2021, so the one year mark is coming up.

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag

The second picture looks like Round Valley.. where's the first..?

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The second picture looks like Round Valley.. where's the first..?
Close on the second, but it's Spruce Run. The first is Washington Crossing State Park in PA. No free juice at Washington Crossing State Park in NJ, so if you're riding the towpath loops (PA & NJ sides) or up the trails in Wash Xing or Baldpate Mnt on the Jersey side, park in PA.

Word is out, though. Last time I was there on a nice weekend day, three of the four stations were in use and the fourth was ICEd by a Pickup truck.

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
Nice bikes--what kind of car is that? :)

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't know. There are three EVs in the first photo but only one getting charged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
billy_at

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I had mine done a while ago at Maloof in North Brunswick. They did a nice job and I had no issues. Although they didnt actually do the work. Using the security feature on FordPass I could see where they sent it in Edison to have the glass work done. But a minimum the glass folks they use did a good job. Can’t speak for the availability of parts at this time.
I appreciate the recommendation! Just came back from having the recalls done at Malouf (had a long wait before a loaner car was available). So far, looks really good!

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I did my recall appt at Maplecrest Ford in Union NJ. Took about a week, which was fine by me since I was traveling anyway. They didn't offer a rental, but they do give you free Lyft to/from the dealership which is nice.
Sponsored