TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
The map that was posted is the original old map.

No need to be confused, Ford keeps adding roads. This is a good thing.

What’s missing (and still a head scratcher as to why) is an in vehicle interactive map that tells you which roads are blue cruise capable.

That should have been included day 1. Clearly the car knows, so why doesn’t it tell us??
If I'm driving on I75 here and have not activated BC I get a pop up on the IPC that says "BC is available here". Yes, a map or whatever in the car would be nice
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

That should have been included day 1. Clearly the car knows, so why doesn’t it tell us??
There is no question that the car knows what is what ... but as you have stated it would have been nicer for us to be able to determine it first ... but nothing is perfect in this world ... and I am thankful that the blueCruise and my Mach-E talks to each other !!!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If I'm driving on I75 here and have not activated BC I get a pop up on the IPC that says "BC is available here". Yes, a map or whatever in the car would be nice
Interesting, I’ve never seen that pop up.

Where does it say that?

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Still curious to know if it works on hwy 429? ( toll )
Yes Sir ... It works ... and it works very well. I took as test drive Southbound on FL490 from WinterGardens Village shopping center to West Irlo Bronson Hway (192) ... it was stable, tracked well and minimum intervention

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Yes Sir ... It works ... and it works very well. I took as test drive Southbound from WinterGardens Village shopping center to West Irlo Bronson Hway (192) ... it was stable, tracked well and minimum intervention.
.... and then on the way back home I got on Disney major entrance highway World Drive and the Blue Cruise was engaged as well ... but it identified as "Watch Drive" all the very close to Epcot and then reverted to "Intelligent Cruise".

IMG_5907.jpg

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag

Where does it say that?
Same location my Stop Safety Now message popped up. LOL

Front and center in the instrument cluster

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

The map that was posted is the original old map.

No need to be confused, Ford keeps adding roads. This is a good thing.

What’s missing (and still a head scratches as to why) is an in vehicle interactive map that tells you which roads are blue cruise capable.

I guess we are reading too much into the so called "BlueCruise" highway maps ... So far, for me the transition into the BlueCruise was seamless; the minute OTA v.2.8.2 hit my Mach-e I just pressed the normal cruise control button and voilá it was working. If you are on a road that is NOT a "BlueCruise" then it will simply revert back to "Intelligent Cruise" !!!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess we are reading too much into the so called "BlueCruise" highway maps ... So far the transition into the BlueCruise was seamless for me, the minute OTA v.2.8.2 hit my Mach-e I just pressed the normal cruise control button and voilá it was working. If you are on a road that is NOT a "BlueCruise" then it will simply revert back to "Intelligent Cruise" !!!
…. And lane assist.

Lane assist works everywhere there are lines. It’s just not hands free.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Yes Sir ... It works ... and it works very well. I took as test drive Southbound on FL490 from WinterGardens Village shopping center to West Irlo Bronson Hway (192) ... it was stable, tracked well and minimum intervention
Sounds good, my first test drive will be coming off I-4 going up 429 to Colonial. I am only on I-4 for 4 miles between hwy 27 and 429. I am assuming that it has not been mapped for 27 yet?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Even though it is finicky and temperamental the WOW factor is still there, it is by far more fun to engage blueCruise driving, and it is certainly a topic of conversation when hold your Coca Cola in one hand and dig other hand in a bag of potato bag! ... the look of your passenger is just priceless !!!
Oh agreed! Last week I took a model Y owner (who is a beta tester for FSD) for a spin. He was FLOORED that my car let me take my hands off the wheel.... Makes for a great first date 😏

I found out that FSD also has an eye nanny, but with no benefit of hands free. Additionally autopilot will not work at all above 80... BlueCruise is looking better and better

Where does it say that?
It's a setting called "activation prompts" turned off by default.

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The BlueCruise in my brand new Mach-E is acting in a way that I have not seen addressed. I got the prompt to turn on BlueCruise, and when I did the dashboard shows a solid blue line surrounding the car, but no blue aura around it. At the bottom of the picture of the car there is a picture of a steering wheel with hands holding it. The BlueCruise works fine, steering and speeding up and slowing down appropriately as long as my hands touch the wheel lightly. When I take my hands off, within 10 seconds I get the warning to put them back on. Does anyone know why this is happening? The divided highway is in the city, not between cities. Could that be it? The speed was set for 7 miles above the speed limit. Does that matter?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The BlueCruise in my brand new Mach-E is acting in a way that I have not seen addressed. I got the prompt to turn on BlueCruise, and when I did the dashboard shows a solid blue line surrounding the car, but no blue aura around it. At the bottom of the picture of the car there is a picture of a steering wheel with hands holding it. The BlueCruise works fine, steering and speeding up and slowing down appropriately as long as my hands touch the wheel lightly. When I take my hands off, within 10 seconds I get the warning to put them back on. Does anyone know why this is happening? The divided highway is in the city, not between cities. Could that be it? The speed was set for 7 miles above the speed limit. Does that matter?
Go to Settings, General, and see what it says for Hands Free Driving Mode available through ...

Either they didn't update your Bluecruise maps before delivery, or you're on an unmapped road. If the maps expire in the future, the latter is your answer. If the date is in the past or blank, dealer needs to update, 22P08.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is exactly how it’s supposed to act when you’re NOT on a Bluecruise mapped road. You were “in the city,” unlikely to be hands free there.

Not hands free looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got Blue Cruise ... now what ??? E7D0310F-155C-4698-9BF0-5892B1B694C1

Hands free looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got Blue Cruise ... now what ??? 7F300AE7-48A4-45EF-AA26-5D38E48DFC9B

OP
OP

Deleted member 3569

Sounds good, my first test drive will be coming off I-4 going up 429 to Colonial. I am only on I-4 for 4 miles between hwy 27 and 429. I am assuming that it has not been mapped for 27 yet?
So let me respond like, for I have seen too many answers that perhaps are coming from those who doen't have first hand experience?

After getting the OTA v.2.8.2 I knew I was about to meet the Wizard of Oz because when I pressed the cruise button on FL408 the display magically changed to a dark blue (too dark for me) and when I let my hands off the steering it initially "hunted" for the center of the lane but quickly smoothed out ... and also don't read too much about what is "mapped" in the BlueCruise map and what is not !!! .... The car knows exactly when to give you the magic of BlueCruise ... if it is not, then it simply defaults to the "Intelligent Cruise" mode ... no big deal! As stated earlier I was pleasantly surprised that World Drive, the main thorough fare to the Disney World's theme parks was mapped as BlueCruise from 192 all the up to Epcot, then it reverted back to normal cruise.

Also, I suspect that most, if not all of Florida restricted access (divided) highways are "BlueCruise" capable. I don't think the county roads are "BlueCruise", I unsuccessfully attempted on 50 (Colonial Dr) even though it becomes very rural outside Orlando city limits ... same could be true about county road 27.
Sponsored