Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is exactly how it’s supposed to act when you’re NOT on a Bluecruise mapped road. You were “in the city,” unlikely to be hands free there.

Not hands free looks like this:

E7D0310F-155C-4698-9BF0-5892B1B694C1.jpeg

Hands free looks like this:

7F300AE7-48A4-45EF-AA26-5D38E48DFC9B.jpeg
The upper picture is what my dash looks like. I will take a drive on I5 outside the city and see how that works.

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
I really wish it was a bit more explicit about what mode it is in. For something that is so new, I don’t think the existing iconography is informative/reassuring enough. I’d like something like an option for an audible “Blue Cruise activated” and “Blue Cruise Deactivated” notification. I tried to activate it a few times yesterday, but I kept disengaging it because I’d get paranoid. When it disengaged, it didn’t really seem clear to me that I had just taken control again. Considering how easy it is to disengage, I feel like that should be REALLY clear. Now I’m even more nervous to trust it.

Edit: I just watched a couple videos of people using it (including Alex on Autos), and I felt a little validated in that they complained about this same concern. It’s a safety issue that the car isn’t more clear when it disengages. However, the videos do show that it does it’s best to keep you in the lane after it disengages. I suppose that renewed my confidence a bit.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Just drove 525 miles with it. Pretty flawless.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The upper picture is what my dash looks like. I will take a drive on I5 outside the city and see how that works.
See post 28...

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
See post 28...
I took a nice drive on I5 north of Del Mar, which is surely a BlueCruise mapped highway, and had the same problem. There is an entire thread on this topic that was started in March, including an open work order from Ford, and until today, none of the 10 or so responders in that thread has been able to fix it yet. The very latest news was that someone got OTA update 2.8.2 and that fixed it. No one has stated that CSP 22P08 has fixed the problem, but may be it will.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I took a nice drive on I5 north of Del Mar, which is surely a BlueCruise mapped highway, and had the same problem. There is an entire thread on this topic that was started in March, including an open work order from Ford, and until today, none of the 10 or so responders in that thread has been able to fix it yet. The very latest news was that someone got OTA update 2.8.2 and that fixed it. No one has stated that CSP 22P08 has fixed the problem, but may be it will.
Read the first line of post 28 and post what it says...

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Read the first line of post 28 and post what it says...
""Ford Blue Cruise Trial Expiration Date 05/17/25." OK, so does that mean I have an up to date BlueCruise and I have the same problem as 10 others continue to have? Or do I need 22P08? Or possibly 2.8.2?

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/so-when-is-blue-cruise-not-blue-cruise.15710/post-426367

I'd recommend to open a ticket with Ford (by asking @Ford Motor Company ) so they can push the OTA to your car. At least that's what I think triggered the OTA for mine.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
""Ford Blue Cruise Trial Expiration Date 05/17/25." OK, so does that mean I have an up to date BlueCruise and I have the same problem as 10 others continue to have? Or do I need 22P08? Or possibly 2.8.2?
Is it in the car? That's what I had prior to OTA
Ford Mustang Mach-E Got Blue Cruise ... now what ??? 1653407388254

But there are a lot of people that have the date of "Hands-Free Driving Mode", but it still doesn't work. Actually, I've found only one person that also didn't have the date, so it's not a certain indication of the problem (or there are other problems that prevent Hads-Free from working)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So it doesn't say " Hands free driving mode through"?

Last edited:

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
What's the difference between the regular indicator of cruise control with two vertical lines and the blue bubble like in this picture
Ford Mustang Mach-E Got Blue Cruise ... now what ??? 20220525_082447

While driving, the car switches between them but it should be the same functionality. Or not?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
What's the difference between the regular indicator of cruise control with two vertical lines and the blue bubble like in this picture
Ford Mustang Mach-E Got Blue Cruise ... now what ??? 20220525_082447

While driving, the car switches between them but it should be the same functionality. Or not?
Blue bubble is lane assist (hands on wheel).

Giant blue bubble (and says hands free) is Blue cruise.

Lines are just cruise control (no lane assist nor Blue cruise).

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Lines are just cruise control (no lane assist nor Blue cruise).
Lane assist is lane centering, right? So with the vertical lines, the car gets pushed inside the lane, but doesn't keep in the center? It makes sense.

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
I really wish it was a bit more explicit about what mode it is in. For something that is so new, I don’t think the existing iconography is informative/reassuring enough. I’d like something like an option for an audible “Blue Cruise activated” and “Blue Cruise Deactivated” notification. I tried to activate it a few times yesterday, but I kept disengaging it because I’d get paranoid. When it disengaged, it didn’t really seem clear to me that I had just taken control again. Considering how easy it is to disengage, I feel like that should be REALLY clear. Now I’m even more nervous to trust it.

Edit: I just watched a couple videos of people using it (including Alex on Autos), and I felt a little validated in that they complained about this same concern. It’s a safety issue that the car isn’t more clear when it disengages. However, the videos do show that it does it’s best to keep you in the lane after it disengages. I suppose that renewed my confidence a bit.
It is very clearly displayed when each driving mode is activated or deactivated. You just need to get used to the different modes. Like anything, it takes understanding of the system and use (practice).

There are basically three modes.

Active Cruise control-Just the two lines on each side of the image of the car.

Active Cruise Control with lane centering-Blue bubble around image of car.

Blue Cruise-The entire screen turns blue, another image appears of a steering wheel with hands off. Very clear when it’s there and when it’s not.

When Blue Cruise disengages for what ever reason it drops back to Active Cruise Control.THERE IS NO AUDIBLE WARNING THIS HAS HAPPENED but all of these modes are drivers aids and you should be monitoring these aids at all times. If you’re monitoring, you’ll see it happen.

DO NOT PUT YOUR LIFE OR OTHERS IN DANGER THINKING THESE AIDS ARE THERE FOR YOU NOT TO PAY ATTENTION. It hands free but not self driving.

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
Very clear when it’s there and when it’s not.
This is pretty easy to miss if you are focused on the road. I could be watching the road, with my hands off the wheel, and completely miss that they should be back on the wheel. It’s a safety issue that this is only displayed on that one screen. Alex on Autos does a great job explaining this and highlighting ways it could be better handled.

Presently, I don’t really think this is “hands free” driving. I really think you need to keep your hands on the wheel. It’s a nice cruise control system, but it’s still just cruise control. I don’t think Ford is overselling it — it’s clear that this should only be used as an aid. However, I’m looking at the price tag and thinking they really need to make some improvements if they expect people to subscribe to this in 3 years.
Sponsored