Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Was 1/2 way thru a manual car wash when both mirrors turned in. My fob ,phone and wallet were inside the car and sure enough it had locked itself so I got a ride from a stranger to home to get my other fob, now I routinely leave the fob in the car when it’s in the garage and this has never happened., did. I do something wrong? How can it lock on its own with the fob in the console
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Yep you left your phone in the car. I had that happen once to me my FOB was in the car and it locked me out. Car is in the garage. Don't know why. But I used my phone to unlock the car.

I keep the FOB in the car because my room is above the garage and the signal reaches FOB. So it unlocks and locks randomly. Or alarm goes off when another person walks by.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Washed my car in driveway a week ago and mine did the same.
Lucky for me I was at home and could grab the spare FOB and unlock.
Never setup the door passcode so I didn’t try that option. May be a reason to set it up.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yep you left your phone in the car. I had that happen once to me my FOB was in the car and it locked me out. Car is in the garage. Don't know why. But I used my phone to unlock the car.

I keep the FOB in the car because my room is above the garage and the signal reaches FOB. So it unlocks and locks randomly. Or alarm goes off when another person walks by.
If you lock the key in the car it will essentially disable the key so that you can use the keypad to get in and a stranger couldn't come along and open the car. It's by design.

This is done a lot by people who go surfing, hiking etc. We will lock the key in the car on purpose so that it's not lost during said activity.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Was 1/2 way thru a manual car wash when both mirrors turned in. My fob ,phone and wallet were inside the car and sure enough it had locked itself so I got a ride from a stranger to home to get my other fob, now I routinely leave the fob in the car when it’s in the garage and this has never happened., did. I do something wrong? How can it lock on its own with the fob in the console
Had you set a code for the door that you could remember, you could have simply opened the door...

Washed my car in driveway a week ago and mine did the same.
Lucky for me I was at home and could grab the spare FOB and unlock.
Never setup the door passcode so I didn’t try that option. May be a reason to set it up.
Or you could have used the factory code.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The water likely hit the 7-8 and 9-0 buttons, which locks the car. This happens pretty much every time I wash the car at home, but I never considered it a problem. I’m really surprised by how many people don’t set a door code. Ford is the only car manufacturer I know of that offers such a handy feature, why not use it?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The water likely hit the 7-8 and 9-0 buttons, which locks the car. This happens pretty much every time I wash the car at home, but I never considered it a problem. I’m really surprised by how many people don’t set a door code. Ford is the only car manufacturer I know of that offers such a handy feature, why not use it?
Yup on both. Water does it all the time.

Of course you don't need to set a doorcode, you just need to write down the factory one. Setting a code adds a 2nd code, the factory code remains.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
The the door code is great for the beach, theme parks, camping, just being lazy and not bothering to get the key to move the car. Same with a backup passcode, a must have.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yup on both. Water does it all the time.

Of course you don't need to set a doorcode, you just need to write down the factory one. Setting a code adds a 2nd code, the factory code remains.
Now I have to dig out my card and try it - I thought your new code replaces the original, but if you do a reset, the old code is wired to come back, sort of like the default password on a wifi router?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now I have to dig out my card and try it - I thought your new code replaces the original, but if you do a reset, the old code is wired to come back, sort of like the default password on a wifi router?
No. There is no way to erase the original code. It's also printed at various locations in the car. You can only add your own code.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Lesson learned: set up the door passcode and the start code. It is the option that is most useful and patented by ford years ago.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
When you set up a door code it’s attached to your PaaK. The factory door code is not affected or changed.

Reactions: ARK

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
So, I get my MME in a month or so, but I want to ask, didn't you have an entry code programmed into the B pillar? I'm wondering why you got a ride home to get the 2nd fob?

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Lesson learned: set up the door passcode and the start code. It is the option that is most useful and patented by ford years ago.
Skipping this is a critical mistake new owners make. Even if you will never use PaaK, you need to set it up to create a door code and backup start code.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
So, I get my MME in a month or so, but I want to ask, didn't you have an entry code programmed into the B pillar? I'm wondering why you got a ride home to get the 2nd fob?
Probably noted somewhere on his phone locked in the car. Panic.
Sponsored