Got locked out during car wash!!!!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
When I wash my car at home, I leave my phone and fobs away from the car. My car does not lock when washing if it can't see a key.
It will if the water happens to hit the 7-8 and 9-0 buttons simultaneously. That works without a key present.
Sponsored

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
No. There is no way to erase the original code. It's also printed at various locations in the car. You can only add your own code.
Well thanks for letting me know. I had presumed (since when you set a new one in the car, it says "Enter new 5-digit FACTORY code" that you're overwriting the old one, so my "keypad code" card was sitting in the console visible for all to see...

It is in the manual, in the section I skimmed due to my new code working fine. Sigh, guess I gotta read the manual clause by clause now...

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Go into FordPass and delete the PaaK that is incomplete. Just to be safe, also reboot the phone in case it’s also a Bluetooth issue.

Then set it up again. It seems that there is no way complete an unfinished PaaK setup.
Do i have anything to reset on the car side sync screen as well?

I could have swore i did that. Will try it.

Not a deal breaker honestly i can still remote start unlock and lock. What i really care for. Im old school that out of habit can't leave key/fob home (or car blocked signal).

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Do i have anything to reset on the car side sync screen as well?

I could have swore i did that. Will try it.

Not a deal breaker honestly i can still remote start unlock and lock. What i really care for. Im old school that out of habit can't leave key/fob home (or car blocked signal).
I never reset on the car side sync screen.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I never reset on the car side sync screen.
PAAK back in action wanted to wait till the next Ford Pass update. I did do a master reset for PAAK though. And I set up my back up code. Something I didn't do before.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
My 1998 Explorer had the door keypad (big ugly thing too). Ford introduced it in 1980, 42 years ago.
And when you don't have the code. you have to take a lot of the left rear trim apart to get a camera into the module that has it. Battery on my 89 explorer went dead for a extended period and I didn't have the original Fob. So I had to use the door code to marry one of the fobs to the car and be able to start it. That keypad code is vital down the road to know when you have problems.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
Well thanks for letting me know. I had presumed (since when you set a new one in the car, it says "Enter new 5-digit FACTORY code" that you're overwriting the old one, so my "keypad code" card was sitting in the console visible for all to see...

It is in the manual, in the section I skimmed due to my new code working fine. Sigh, guess I gotta read the manual clause by clause now...
Vehicles since late nineties and up are so complicated and have so many nuances one should always sit down and read them. I never read one till I bought a 83 T-Bird turbo coupe. Read a lot of them since.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I have the card- where else is it printed? That's a handy set of backups.
Google. Various locations depending on years Right fuse cover by passenger kick plate.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
Not only does the 7-8 9-0 button lock the car which has been on Ford for years. But the Mach-e has this little lock button above the open door button.

20220805_115905.jpg

SXBB

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Country flag