Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
So I drove my Fusion Energi to the dealer today to get a trade-in estimate knowing my Premium AWD SR is due in mid March (30 days from now)

I asked if they got their Mach-e demo in yet. They said "we just got a dealer stock one in last night". Premium AWD ER. Same color I ordered. I drove it and WOW was I impressed. Very quick car.

I purposely didn't order the $5,000 big battery because I would just use another vehicle on long trips. Then Ford released performance figures (SR .4 seconds slower to 60). I said "This is just our daily driver, we don't need it to be fast" so I kept saying the SR battery was fine. Then I realized that my 160 mile mostly highway trip to the in-laws would be cutting it close and probably couldn't do the trip in the winter. I still said "That's fine, I'm saving $5k".

Well, I bought this one. VIN 01952 so it's an early build for sure. YOLO I guess. They'll just dealer stock my unit when it arrives.

Now to figure out why I can't get PaaK to work. I already see why Android auto isn't working from other threads. Hopefully they push a fix out soon.

PXL_20210213_211119571.MP.jpg

PXL_20210213_221845577.jpg

PXL_20210213_220027114.jpg

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
So I drove my Fusion Energi to the dealer today to get a trade-in estimate knowing my Premium AWD SR is due in mid March (30 days from now)

I asked if they got their Mach-e demo in yet. They said "we just got a dealer stock one in last night". Premium AWD ER. Same color I ordered. I drove it and WOW was I impressed. Very quick car.

I purposely didn't order the $5,000 big battery because I would just use another vehicle on long trips. Then Ford released performance figures (SR .4 seconds slower to 60). I said "This is just our daily driver, we don't need it to be fast" so I kept saying the SR battery was fine. Then I realized that my 160 mile mostly highway trip to the in-laws would be cutting it close and probably couldn't do the trip in the winter. I still said "That's fine, I'm saving $5k".

Well, I bought this one. VIN 01952 so it's an early build for sure. YOLO I guess. They'll just dealer stock my unit when it arrives.

Now to figure out why I can't get PaaK to work. I already see why Android auto isn't working from other threads. Hopefully they push a fix out soon.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got mine 30 days early PXL_20210213_220027114

It already has plates?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Congrats! Bummer about all these PAAK failures. I wouldn't think that would have been so hard to test and just get right...

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thats a 93 Summer Edition yellow vert, right? Manual or automatic? Neighbor had a relatively rare black leather/manual version a few years ago. Most were automatic with white leather.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats! Bummer about all these PAAK failures. I wouldn't think that would have been so hard to test and just get right...
I'm seeing Paak issues for people who can actually set it up. I'm literally missing the option to set up PaaK in the Fordpass app and I can't find anyone else whose had that problem.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thats a 93 Summer Edition yellow vert, right? Manual or automatic? Neighbor had a relatively rare black leather/manual version a few years ago. Most were automatic with white leather.
Yes, good eye. 1993 Summer Feature car. It's a 5-speed. Yeah, 2/3's were automatics. It's actually my wife's car. She said "I want a fun car" and I said I know exactly what you need. Then she said "It must be a stick", so that made it harder to find haha. I think the yellow/white interior/5-speed combo only built 113 units, so that's the rarest. It's an original paint, 116,000 mile car. This was just after getting it wet sanded.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Got mine 30 days early 1613313147133

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm seeing Paak issues for people who can actually set it up. I'm literally missing the option to set up PaaK in the Fordpass app and I can't find anyone else whose had that problem.
Try removing the app, reset anything to do with paak in the car if possible. Then reinstall the app on your phone and try paak setup again. Something along these lines seems to have fixed it for some.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I thought dealers were not allowed to sell their demos for X number of days?

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Try removing the app, reset anything to do with paak in the car if possible. Then reinstall the app on your phone and try paak setup again. Something along these lines seems to have fixed it for some.
I appreciate it. I've uninstalled and deleted my vehicle several times. Did master reset in the vehicle a few times.

It's as if it think's in not in the USA? I heard PaaK isn't available in the UK, so I changed my address and changed it back hoping that would set it straight. After I did that, all my charging displays were in kilometers, so I had to go into the app and set it back to US. That was weird. But still no PaaK option. I hope to contact Ford support later today

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought dealers were not allowed to sell their demos for X number of days?
They said this wasn't a demo, just dealer stock. They said they got a Bronco Sport demo but not a Mach-e. If they actually did sell me the demo, they're not getting it back.

OP
OP
Metal_Horses

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From south of Cleveland OH to Chautauqua Lake, NY. 160 miles, probably 95% highway. Father in law installed a 50 amp plug for us.
Sponsored