Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MachE, Chevy Corvair, VW Vanagon
Occupation
Interior Design
Country flag
How was your range affected @TTopper
I've been checking over the last week... looks like I'm getting real world range of 250 miles. So 20 less than the Ford's estimate. My car has the larger battery, with all wheel drive.
Sponsored

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
just bought a set of 20" f-pace rims... should be here in a couple of weeks. what tires did you choose? i'm in southern california so thinking of summer tires... but being my 1st cross-over and EV, not sure if i should try to get EV or SUV specific tires...

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
just bought a set of 20" f-pace rims... should be here in a couple of weeks. what tires did you choose? i'm in southern california so thinking of summer tires... but being my 1st cross-over and EV, not sure if i should try to get EV or SUV specific tires...
Don't have a good tire recommendation for you (what are summer tires? It is snowing here today!), but one thing to note is the load rating due to the heavy vehicle. The stock tires are 103H XL. "103" is the actual load index (1,929 lbs/tire), the "H" is the speed rating (130mph), and the XL or Extra Load rating means that the tire achieves its higher load rating at 39 psi, as the stock tires do.

So while you might be able to get a little wiggle room on those specs, I'd confine your search to 103 or greater load indexes with the XL rating. That will knock some off your list, but no sense in skimping on the right tires.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah I know I shouldnā€™t reply to people on theory vs application.
I deal with engineers daily so thereā€™s always what should and what does. Iā€™m born and raised in Alaska. So, as much as I appreciate the clinic on winter tires. I will continue to purchase the tires that have proven to me what works best through application. So, a wider softer tire for me has worked.
And I donā€™t need to copy and paste something from Google to know that. ?
Softer tires in cooler conditions always work better than harder ones in cool conditions. Proper siping moves the water away for better contact. If the tread blocks are in proper contact with the road, there is no reason why wider isn't better, as there is more surface area with with to create friction.

JBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RWD SR
Country flag
I noticed the rims have an offset of only 40. No issues with at all with the fit? I was looking specifically at offsets between 45 and 50 for my rims but if 40 fits also there is more to choose from.

Sidenote, I really really like your rims and would really like to buy a set but they are only available at the jaguar dealer for a whooping ā‚¬ 950 per piece o_O.
I suppose yours aren't oem's but he unfortunately doesn't ship to the Netherlands :(.

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Grabber Blue
Country flag
I've been checking over the last week... looks like I'm getting real world range of 250 miles. So 20 less than the Ford's estimate. My car has the larger battery, with all wheel drive.
I love this look - going to buy a set to mount my OE 245/45 tires (snow tires are going to stay on the GT rims). It looks like the I-Pace EV and F-Pace use the same rims, so the weight of the Mach E shouldn't be an issue?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Is there a better photo from the back? Also how does it affect ride quality? Iā€™d like to put the GTPE 20 inch wheels on my 4X

OP
OP
TTopper

TTopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Interior Design
Country flag
I love this look - going to buy a set to mount my OE 245/45 tires (snow tires are going to stay on the GT rims). It looks like the I-Pace EV and F-Pace use the same rims, so the weight of the Mach E shouldn't be an issue?
Iā€™ve run these for a year, very happy with the look at handling. Only lost about 10 miles or range, but I drive like a crazy person.

OP
OP
TTopper

TTopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Interior Design
Country flag
Is there a better photo from the back? Also how does it affect ride quality? Iā€™d like to put the GTPE 20 inch wheels on my 4X
Iā€™ll try and dig out a photo. I noticed that the stock rims and tires were a bit more ā€˜squirleyā€™. I havenā€™t felt any changes in ride quality, itā€™s still very bouncy.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Iā€™ll try and dig out a photo. I noticed that the stock rims and tires were a bit more ā€˜squirleyā€™. I havenā€™t felt any changes in ride quality, itā€™s still very bouncy.
I have the same exact car as yours so definitely wondering what it looks like

jznd400

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Grabber Blue
Country flag
Did you do any research into the load/weight limits for the FPace wheels that you can share?

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Did you do any research into the load/weight limits for the FPace wheels that you can share?
Almost the same GVWR as the mach e. The F-Pace and I-Pace share wheels, which leads to the assumption that they should work just fine. OEM wheels are also over-engineered.
Sponsored