Got PowerUp 2.1.0 without 21P22

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
My car hasn’t received 21P22 (or 21B36, for what it’s worth). But my car just told me (within the last hour) that it got PowerUp 2.1.0 installed.

I’ve seen previous reports of PowerUp 2.1.0 but all of them are from cars that have underwent 21P22. Therefore I think it’s worth reporting my experience here.

Additionally, is there any way to visually verify that PowerUp 2.1.0 have actually completed installation?
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I also have 2.1 without either CDP. They’re not related beyond coming from the same company.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
My car hasn’t received 21P22 (or 21B36, for what it’s worth). But my car just told me (within the last hour) that it got PowerUp 2.1.0 installed.

I’ve seen previous reports of PowerUp 2.1.0 but all of them are from cars that have underwent 21P22. Therefore I think it’s worth reporting my experience here.

Additionally, is there any way to visually verify that PowerUp 2.1.0 have actually completed installation?
That's a great question.

I also received PowerUp 2.1 a few weeks ago. I am not knowledgeable of the tech and software aspects. Has anyone been able to confirm that this software update includes everything that is in 21P22? Based on the low winter range (I'm used to this so not worried about that) of the GOM, i suspect the 21P22 update still needs to be done at the dealership. FYI, I have had my car since last February with no issues except PAAK but i have two keyfobs for PAAK not to be an issue at all.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
There are multiple instances of people in the PowerUp-2.1.0 thread (as above and myself) that received it without getting 21P22 performed...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I also received PowerUp 2.1 a few weeks ago. I am not knowledgeable of the tech and software aspects. Has anyone been able to confirm that this software update includes everything that is in 21P22?
I can confirm that it does NOT. 21P22 includes updates for 12 modules. Powerup 2.1.0 is just the Gateway module.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That's a great question.

I also received PowerUp 2.1 a few weeks ago. I am not knowledgeable of the tech and software aspects. Has anyone been able to confirm that this software update includes everything that is in 21P22? Based on the low winter range (I'm used to this so not worried about that) of the GOM, i suspect the 21P22 update still needs to be done at the dealership. FYI, I have had my car since last February with no issues except PAAK but i have two keyfobs for PAAK not to be an issue at all.
Don't know where you got that 2.1.0 included 21P22. If it was going to, why would they have said that Job 1 vehicles should be updated at the dealer?

As to your reasoning on low range, 21P22 is not going to fix that. If you read it, what it says is:

"... improved range in cold weather, ... display range accuracy"

It doesn't say "won't show low range in cold weather".

This morning it is currently 15 degrees here. I'm showing 158 miles at 90%. Monday I was showing 169 miles. At one point, post update, I was showing 147 miles.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I am still putting off the windshield/roof recalls but might take the car in for the CSP 21P22 update? Got the 2.1 update this week via OTA. Have yet to take this car back to the dealer for anything other than to get a FOB programmed!
Sponsored