Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Does anyone’s GPS keep breaking? It was working fine for almost a year, but two months ago, I realized it had been showing my vehicle in the wrong location of where it was actually at. If this happens, BlueCruise won’t work because it needs to know if you are on a highway. So I took it in and they did a lot a troubleshooting and finally found out the antenna was bad. They had to order and install a new one- which took a whole week from start to finish. Fast forward to today where I went somewhere and when I got back in my car, the GPS was showing the wrong location again. I’m at my house and it thinks I am 30 miles away. I am dreading having to take it back to the dealer where I know I will have to have it there at least a week. Has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Several of us have noticed similar issues, though usually the GPS will be off by much smaller amounts.

A few nights ago I noticed the vehicle location shown in Ford's map as well as Google Maps (in Android Auto, which was using the vehicle's GPS calculation) was due west of my location by approximately 1000 feet. It stayed that way until my next drive, which was about half an hour later.

This is a software error. Very unlikely to be an antenna problem, unless the software issue is within the GPS receiver module itself.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had this issue back in March and April. I had the 21G01 updates done at the dealer and have not seen it since. But BlueCruise is still not working, even though Ford tells me it is activated.

OP
OP

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I had this issue back in March and April. I had the 21G01 updates done at the dealer and have not seen it since. But BlueCruise is still not working, even though Ford tells me it is activated.
I had the 21G01 update also. It was working after that, but still having this issue.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My car doesnt show up on FordPass at all. It shows my phone's location fine. The car is nowhere to be found.
It used to work, but at some point in the past few months that stopped working too. :(

The in car nav works fine though. It appears to be mostly correct except when it zooms down to 80ft. Then it shows me about 50 ft away from the intersection Instead of right at the crosswalk. Not really an issue for me though. That is close enough for what I do.

I think there has been a time or two where it was off to the side about 300 yards or so but it corrected itself shortly afterwards.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When I first had the problem I was on a trip and the car was tracking on the nav screen a few thousand feet away. Then the GPS just locked its position, ended up over 100 miles off when I got home. My wife had erroneous nav directions a couple of times while driving, and twice it locked up the position away from home and it charged to 100%. Before the last update, it was occurring maybe once per week. When I drive I have been watching the nav screen to see if it repeats, but so far it has not done it again, at least not in the entire month of May.

Solares

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTP & FE AWD
Country flag
My car doesnt show up on FordPass at all. It shows my phone's location fine. The car is nowhere to be found.
It used to work, but at some point in the past few months that stopped working too. :(

The in car nav works fine though. It appears to be mostly correct except when it zooms down to 80ft. Then it shows me about 50 ft away from the intersection Instead of right at the crosswalk. Not really an issue for me though. That is close enough for what I do.

I think there has been a time or two where it was off to the side about 300 yards or so but it corrected itself shortly afterwards.
Sometimes I get some American guy’s trips. It’s funny as I am literally located on the other side of the world..
On the good side he has a good “driving score”..

891924B8-75B8-4725-B8D2-887DF79C169C.jpeg

OP
OP

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
When I first had the problem I was on a trip and the car was tracking on the nav screen a few thousand feet away. Then the GPS just locked its position, ended up over 100 miles off when I got home. My wife had erroneous nav directions a couple of times while driving, and twice it locked up the position away from home and it charged to 100%. Before the last update, it was occurring maybe once per week. When I drive I have been watching the nav screen to see if it repeats, but so far it has not done it again, at least not in the entire month of May.
So, is the navigation still showing the wrong location for your vehicle? Or is it working now?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’ve had this once but a sync screen reset fixed it

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Does anyone’s GPS keep breaking? It was working fine for almost a year, but two months ago, I realized it had been showing my vehicle in the wrong location of where it was actually at. If this happens, BlueCruise won’t work because it needs to know if you are on a highway. So I took it in and they did a lot a troubleshooting and finally found out the antenna was bad. They had to order and install a new one- which took a whole week from start to finish. Fast forward to today where I went somewhere and when I got back in my car, the GPS was showing the wrong location again. I’m at my house and it thinks I am 30 miles away. I am dreading having to take it back to the dealer where I know I will have to have it there at least a week. Has this happened to anyone else?
It happened to me last Christmas. I was visiting my sister in Encino, CA. I experienced a problem with LVB. When I attempted to get Ford Assistance using FordPass, it decided that my car was actually in Malibu. I think that's about 30 miles away. Navigation in the car wouldn't work at all. Resetting the LVB (disconnecting/reconnecting) seems to have solved it. When I got home I did take it to the dealer and asked them to look at the battery. They said the battery was defective, and replaced it. For the life of me I can't figure out why GPS would be affected by the LVB, so may be just a coincidence.

OP
OP

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
It happened to me last Christmas. I was visiting my sister in Encino, CA. I experienced a problem with LVB. When I attempted to get Ford Assistance using FordPass, it decided that my car was actually in Malibu. I think that's about 30 miles away. Navigation in the car wouldn't work at all. Resetting the LVB (disconnecting/reconnecting) seems to have solved it. When I got home I did take it to the dealer and asked them to look at the battery. They said the battery was defective, and replaced it. For the life of me I can't figure out why GPS would be affected by the LVB, so may be just a coincidence.
This is very helpful. I have to take mine in for the 10,000 mile service soon, and I will have them take a look at the LVB.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Had 1 instance where we took an exit to another high way and the blue arrow (us) continued in the original direction. It would correct as we turned but would not come back to where we really were. A sync reset fixed it

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So, is the navigation still showing the wrong location for your vehicle? Or is it working now?
For the last month it has been correct. And if I open the map in Ford Pass it shows the correct position. The fact that my car charged to 100% a couple of times tipped me off to the problem. Both times it did that the map showed my car in a location it had been parked the day before. Obviously the GPS position in the car had frozen.
Sponsored