Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
0-60 is not the only metric of performance. Tesla cars are fast, really fast, but they don't tear up the track. Dodge Hellcat is fast and a great drag car, but it is not a performance car...
Yes, many people will take 5.5 seconds 0-60 without a second thought. In fact, a car with acceleration of anything less than 5 seconds will actually be scary for many so performance is adequate here.

The most important metric is actually price and so when we look at things that way maybe it is a Tesla fighter. I like the behind the steering wheel display, and the hatch is very welcome for me also as compared to the Model 3. It has been reported that the aluminum skin of the Model 3 dents easily and that is a concern for me.

The large display in the center isn't a problem for me and I think it is the thing to do for navigation, rear camera and the numerous menus there must be. This is just the thing for a police cruiser if it can be used to project their lap top display.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
Mach E is a Mustang...
Incredibly odd, many people here believe that price is the most important performance metric. ?

I'll look into Tesla aftermarket upgrades for handling and check out what those track stars are doing. Thnx...

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Mach E is a Mustang...
Incredibly odd, many people here believe that price is the most important performance metric. ?

I'll look into Tesla aftermarket upgrades for handling and check out what those track stars are doing. Thnx...
You're welcome. Glad you can see that they're used for more than just hitting autopilot. There are actually a lot of aftermarket for the Teslas. We could only be so lucky to get the same treatment.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Mach E is a Mustang...

Mustang is a low priced performance car. It isn't a Porsche. So you might say that price was a metric even then.

If you want a true track car you are in the wrong place. The Mach-e is a four door hatchback. The Mustang has become a mundane utilitarian vehicle. Though quick and perhaps even sporty handling, I'm sure this isn't the car you are looking for.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Mustang is a low priced performance car. It isn't a Porsche. So you might say that price was a metric even then.

If you want a true track car you are in the wrong place. The Mach-e is a four door hatchback. The Mustang has become a mundane utilitarian vehicle. Though quick and perhaps even sporty handling, I'm sure this isn't the car you are looking for.
I agree the performance I'm looking for in the Mach E isn't it's racing abilities it's freeing me from the gas pump.
Sponsored