Grabber Blue FE arrived at Dealer, now 50/50 on taking it?

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
So I've been excited for the Mustang Mach E since it's public introduction, making a reservation, converting to an order, and following all the reports, YouTube videos, and everyone's experience here on this site. That said, I'm about 90-95% on backing out of my order for a Grabber Blue FE, due to arrive in the next three weeks (it arrived in Kansas City two days ago and still there according to palsapp).

The big problem for me is that my job/income situation is a little in flux right now. I've been waiting for almost a month to hear about one terrific opportunity that I know I'm a finalist for and they've even done a background check, but really can't count on that. But even if it does come through, I still have (previously expressed) reservations about how the MME leans into the "sport" rather than the "utility" part of "SUV" (e.g. lack of roof rails, U.S. hitch and tow rating). Plus, some people here have talked about payments in the $600 to $900(!) range, which I could just never stomach. Yes, I get how financing works with putting down more money, but I haven't had any car payment in five years and really like it that way, and the MME cost is such that I wouldn't be able to avoid some kind of monthly payment.

Anyway, as I said I'm not 100% giving it up yet, as the job situation could change and actually seeing/driving it could make me rationalize the payments. But I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone who thinks they want this particular model/color combo and would maybe want be made aware to contact the dealer should I decide to let it go. AFAIK the dealer does not charge ADM, and to be clear I'm not asking for any kind of compensation or consideration. Just DM me and I'll put you on a list to send a note if/when I contractually give up my order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
pdxzzr

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Got the call a couple days ago that my pre-ordered FE in Grabber Blue arrived at the dealer! Finally was able to stop by today to check it out. They were washing it and prepping it, with plans to take some video for a commercial. Which I thought, cool! Anyway, my first thought is that the Grabber Blue is amazing in sunlight. There was a brief moment when the sun came out and just wow! Enough to change my thought that I'm like 50/50 on going through with the purchase.

That said, the finance guy at the dealer really ticked me off for a variety of reasons that I don't necessarily want to get into here. I also saw that video from Alex on Autos comparing the MME to the ID.4. Yes, it is a bit boring, but the ground clearance and tow capability may yet pull me in that direction even if I have to wait another six months for the AWD version.

Anyway, I'm going to make the call on whether to keep this MME in next couple days, so DM me if you're looking for a FE in Grabber Blue and you want a heads up that it's coming available.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Got the call a couple days ago that my pre-ordered FE in Grabber Blue arrived at the dealer! Finally was able to stop by today to check it out. They were washing it and prepping it, with plans to take some video for a commercial. Which I thought, cool! Anyway, my first thought is that the Grabber Blue is amazing in sunlight. There was a brief moment when the sun came out and just wow! Enough to change my thought that I'm like 50/50 on going through with the purchase.

That said, the finance guy at the dealer really ticked me off for a variety of reasons that I don't necessarily want to get into here. I also saw that video from Alex on Autos comparing the MME to the ID.4. Yes, it is a bit boring, but the ground clearance and tow capability may yet pull me in that direction even if I have to wait another six months for the AWD version.

Anyway, I'm going to make the call on whether to keep this MME in next couple days, so DM me if you're looking for a FE in Grabber Blue and you want a heads up that it's coming available.
Before you worry about towing with ANY BEV, google some attempts. You may be ABLE to tow a trailer, just not very far. Likely towing a light (1000 lb) trailer will cut range at least in half, maybe more.

OP
OP
pdxzzr

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Before you worry about towing with ANY BEV, google some attempts. You may be ABLE to tow a trailer, just not very far. Likely towing a light (1000 lb) trailer will cut range at least in half, maybe more.
Thanks, I'm aware. I don't tow a lot, or regularly for that matter. And towing with a ICE takes a hit, too (my Outback 3.6 went from 24 to 15 MPG pulling a ~2600# T@B teardrop). I definitely want a hitch for a bike rack. Towing for is mostly for a small trailer to haul some bark dust or maybe help move a few furniture items. If it were for camping, it would be for a much smaller teardrop, and I would get a camp site with electricity where I could use an adapter to charge the car while at the site.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m never going to question somebody who’s hesitant to drop $60k on a new car. Make sure you feel good about your finances.

But I would definitely question someone considering the ID.4 over the MME because of towing of all things. I LOVE my GB FE and you will, too. That being said, good on you for offering to hook up somebody else on this forum.

OP
OP
pdxzzr

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I’m never going to question somebody who’s hesitant to drop $60k on a new car. Make sure you feel good about your finances.

But I would definitely question someone considering the ID.4 over the MME because of towing of all things. I LOVE my GB FE and you will, too. That being said, good on you for offering to hook up somebody else on this forum.
I was in a bit of a hurry with my previous response, but to elaborate a little more: the other thing that caught my attention is the difference in ground clearance. I'm not doing any rock crawling, but I definitely go on some unpaved roads with some frequency, so that is one aspect of my Subaru Outback that I'd really like to preserve. And frankly the paved roads around the Portland, OR area are often not much better.

Also, I tend towards practical/utilitarian solutions. I had a Mercedes GLA45 AMG a few years back that was $54K or something like that. It was fast and fun, did 0-60 in 5 secs, but impractical for my purposes in nearly every other way, so I wound up selling it about a year later. I'm wrestling with the thought that the MME could be a repeat of that experience.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pdxzzr

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
... That being said, good on you for offering to hook up somebody else on this forum.
Also, one more thought on this particular dealer. When I went to check out the MME I had ordered, there were two other MMEs on the lot. I was under the impression from my previous dealings with this dealer and that they were on the "no ADM" list on this site, but the other MMEs had ADM stickers marking up an additional $4K for "market adjustment" and $400 for some kind of theft protection. Also, it took maybe 30 seconds talking to the finance manager for me to be reminded of how much I hate dealing with car dealers. So right now I don't know how good I'd feel about recommending this dealer.
Sponsored