Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I think I've seen them mentioned, but when do the air ducts/louvers above the front air dam open? Are they for aero or cooling?
They open when the coolant system needs more airflow, but they are kept closed when not needed to improve aero - I tend to see them open during charging, sustained long drives, and particularly during extended descents with a lot of regen.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
That’s why I’m wondering.
I'll check and post a pic of the seats for you on Monday or Tuesday when they're done with the tint.

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you receiving two keys without even asking? ? I'm really hoping that they started shipping GTs with two keys!
Yes and the sales manager commented about it like it's something new.

Dark Matter GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Country flag
Yes and the sales manager commented about it like it's something new.
Nice to see Ford using common sense to address this until they get a fix to this PAAK crap. I never planned to use it anyway, but still ..

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I've had two Mustangs, a white '67 small six with a 3-speed manual that was then ten years old and in showroom condition. Loved that car, had many adventures together. And there was an 80-something 4 cylinder poverty beater as a stopgap while I worked on my V8 Scout. I've driven a variety of other 'Stangs, including a 201X GT on track. They didn't move me. I tracked Miatas, Subarus, and motorcycles. The Mustangs just fell flat.

Was tempted by the 350 but by then my love affair w/ electrics had started. Had high hopes for the Mach E Premium but a test drive ruined it for me. The suspension, well, it couldn't "keep me in the manner to which I have become accustomed." I was ready to move on.

But now I hear what OP says about his GTPE. He seems like a track-wizened kinda guy. I may well need to take a second look at the MME. Unfortunately these things won't sit on dealer's lots waiting for a test drive, so I need to ask a couple questions.

1) Brakes on my test drive Premium RWD Big Batt felt ridiculously over-boosted. No feel at all. I know it's blended regen, but are the GTPE's fat Brembos more nuanced around town? do you find yourself over-braking?

2) You mentioned suspension and the Premium Pogo. Is the PE comfortable enough that my wife won't yell at me? (for reference, she was fine in a track prepped STi w/ factory seats)

3) Seats, they look a tiny bit goofy in photos but may be better in real life. Are they? My wife, how to put this, usually takes up most of any seat. She hated the Premium's seats as did I. Wide flat and squishy. Can you characterize how snug the bolsters are on the PE seats? Better for 20-something waifs or will typical American butts be comfy on long trips?

Long post, I know. Congratulations on your new car. Trying to decide if I should order one. Anything you care to share would be helpful.
From my understanding, it's the same brake caliper. Brembo Flexira. Just a bigger disc on gtpe

BillK

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air GT, Zero SR/F
Occupation
Retired-ish
Country flag
It's going to be hard to say given your previous rides. I LOVED the Mustangs on track because it was raw muscular power, and with wider rubber and suspension upgrades could be tamed enough to throw it around the corners. Definitely more a sledgehammer than a scalpel. I ran with a lot of Miatas, but despite their handling, they lacked the raw power and visceral experience of a high winding powerful V8 with off road exhaust for me. The STi was a formidable competitor, but again a totally different animal.

I didn't have an opportunity for any hard braking, but with one pedal off I liked how it handled. I had no issue braking smoothly with the limited amount of driving today.

As far as the ride, my wife would approve of the MME. She does not like riding in my other Mustangs.

The seats were absolutely fine, and I didn't even spend much time adjusting them yet. I'll need more time in them (with the plastic off :)) to have a real opinion. I'm 5'11" 165 so they fit me great. I have no basis for judging how someone smaller or larger would fit at this point. P.S. on track I was always in a Recaro or Sparco race seat, but that was under extreme conditions you'd never have (safely) on the street.
Thank you for your detailed and knowledgeable reply.

GBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Country flag
@cloud9 - what were your first impressions seeing the grabber blue in person? I read a lot on this forum that it looks quite different in real life than the photos.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Dimwits dumb question of the day: Does it have blue stitching in the interior?
GT seats are supposed to have copper metallic stitching in all color cars. We'll see what the OP finds out.

OP
OP
cloud9

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@cloud9 - what were your first impressions seeing the grabber blue in person? I read a lot on this forum that it looks quite different in real life than the photos.
I love it, but I had friends with Grabber Blue Mustangs so was very familiar with the color. It goes well with all the black accents, and the black roof. I would probably not go with the painted Grabber Blue roof, but that's just personal preference. I also might add a black hood decal but want to drive it for a while first.

cdale12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
68 289 Convertible, 21 GB GTPE MME
Country flag
Congrats on delivery! I have the exact same being delivered week of 9/20. Your pictures and post are driving me nuts waiting for mine now!
Sponsored