SAVAGE

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
After a few weeks delay, Blue (what I have affectionately named it) has “almost” made it home. And what perfect timing as I was alerted that my Ford branded charger is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So I was notified by the dealer this morning that Blue had arrived and I could take it out for a spin to ensure that I wanted to continue with the purchase. Obviously I did and I definitely want it more now! All I can is Wow!! Unfortunately, I want to go with Ford Options and the finance manager had no idea what I was talking about or even how process the request. Ultimately he had to reach out to his Ford rep and said that he probably won’t hear anything back until sometime Monday. Gotta love rural Iowa. ?

So I had to let her go until sometime early next week. Parting is such sweet sorrow! ?

C68A680E-8B1E-4693-83BE-839B981C4E39.jpeg

2ADAF129-7557-40FF-87A7-424AE902E1E1.jpeg

ADD562FC-8799-4267-B3FC-9AE702D70BA8.jpeg

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F250, Mach e (hopefully soon!).
Occupation
IT
Country flag
After a few weeks delay, Blue (what I have affectionately named it) has “almost” made it home. And what perfect timing as I was alerted that my Ford branded charger is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So I was notified by the dealer this morning that Blue had arrived and I could take it out for a spin to ensure that I wanted to continue with the purchase. Obviously I did and I definitely want it more now! All I can is Wow!! Unfortunately, I want to go with Ford Options and the finance manager had no idea what I was talking about or even how process the request. Ultimately he had to reach out to his Ford rep and said that he probably won’t hear anything back until sometime Monday. Gotta love rural Iowa. ?

So I had to let her go until sometime early next week. Parting is such sweet sorrow! ?

C68A680E-8B1E-4693-83BE-839B981C4E39.jpeg

2ADAF129-7557-40FF-87A7-424AE902E1E1.jpeg

ADD562FC-8799-4267-B3FC-9AE702D70BA8.jpeg
Nice!! Congrats!! Hopefully have mine within a couple weeks. I mentioned the Ford options to my sales manager today and he had no idea about it but would look into it.

Nothing personal and I know its not an option in some states, but that front plate does nothing for that front end, especially on such a nice looking car and color...

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
That's painful! You would think the finance manager would reach out to Ford Motor Credit and figure out what to do from there.

Out of curiosity, what was the total transit time for Blue?

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Congrats - almost - nice that you got to take if for a ride; would have thought they would have let you keep it with a signed tentative contract in case the Ford Options fell through. Great pictures BTW. Well at least you now know how it drives - at least somewhat. Show them this:

https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Nice!! Congrats!! Hopefully have mine within a couple weeks. I mentioned the Ford options to my sales manager today and he had no idea about it but would look into it.

Nothing personal and I know its not an option in some states, but that front plate does nothing for that front end, especially on such a nice looking car and color...
I'm with you. I'm ordering my bumper plugs right away now that I know it's coming with the bracket riveted to the front end.

OP
OP
SAVAGE

SAVAGE

First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
That's painful! You would think the finance manager would reach out to Ford Motor Credit and figure out what to do from there.

Out of curiosity, what was the total transit time for Blue?
It originally left Mexico on 1/5 and then got caught with the software issue. Based on tracking, it appears to have been at KC for about two weeks before shipping up to Iowa last night.

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It originally left Mexico on 1/5 and then got caught with the software issue. Based on tracking, it appears to have been at KC for about two weeks before shipping up to Iowa last night.
Just so I understand it, tracking on palsapp doesn't show up until the vehicle reaches KC from Mexico? My VIN shows up with a freight bill #, but status is pending and destination is null. Tracker and Ford both show shipped with ETA's

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Wow. That's outrageous that the sales reps aren't up to speed on the Ford Options plan. Seriously.... that's embarrassing at this point.
It's literally on the page where you'd order the car.

Hopefully they get up to speed quickly.
And for the record... that color is POPPING with the snow behind it. Looks great. Congrats!

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Nice pics and hope things sort out soon!
Happy to see more and more cars trickling in for the folks waiting for so long. :)

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Just so I understand it, tracking on palsapp doesn't show up until the vehicle reaches KC from Mexico? My VIN shows up with a freight bill #, but status is pending and destination is null. Tracker and Ford both show shipped with ETA's
you are right

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I have been biting my tongue for a while......but I will speak my peace and then show myself out. :)
Try not to read too much into palsapp.....it only creates more questions. There is way more information captured that doesnt report in real time that it will literally drive you crazy.

Unless you have access to the dealer portal than you are chasing your tail with palsapp. Even then.....some or most info isnt reported until after the vehicle reaches its destination.

I have been trying to track my fleet vehicles for years. If the route code starts with R for rail then I pretty much know I am screwed and will never be able to follow the vehicle in real time. There was a time when that was possible but these days it is unrealiable at best.

Convoy is different. That can be tracked.

If you are bored and are just entertaining yourself then have fun and try and follow. If you are anxious and anxiety prone then stay away from rail tracking as it will only raise your blood pressure.

:)
(Showing myself out now......)

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grabber Blue! has finally made it home...sort of. ADD562FC-8799-4267-B3FC-9AE702D70BA8

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grabber Blue! has finally made it home...sort of. ADD562FC-8799-4267-B3FC-9AE702D70BA8

Love that color.

Monday is just around the corner, congratulations.

Did Ford Parts send you an email the charger shipped? I thought they were delayed a few months?

sjaj14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have been biting my tongue for a while......but I will speak my peace and then show myself out. :)
Try not to read too much into palsapp.....it only creates more questions. There is way more information captured that doesnt report in real time that it will literally drive you crazy.

Unless you have access to the dealer portal than you are chasing your tail with palsapp. Even then.....some or most info isnt reported until after the vehicle reaches its destination.

I have been trying to track my fleet vehicles for years. If the route code starts with R for rail then I pretty much know I am screwed and will never be able to follow the vehicle in real time. There was a time when that was possible but these days it is unrealiable at best.

Convoy is different. That can be tracked.

If you are bored and are just entertaining yourself then have fun and try and follow. If you are anxious and anxiety prone then stay away from rail tracking as it will only raise your blood pressure.

:)
(Showing myself out now......)
Thanks for the detailed reply! Yeah, just having fun with it. Not in a twist about when I get the vehicle, just excited to be (hopefully) close.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My dealer has no clue about Options either. This is a learning experience for us all. We will get through it if we stick together

Nice car! I am jealous. Enjoy! :)
My dealer did not also know about the 100$ incentive to sign up for active drive assist. I had to send it to him yesterday. His finance guy is looking into financing options for MME as he is getting ready to receive MMEs in Feb. But he admitted he is just getting prepared. But was honest in saying dont get PPF work done through us for MME - cant recommend anyone else but looking into it as lot of Bronco buyers are asking .
Sponsored