horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
It's here! Cookie Monster (named by my toddler) finally arrived at my dealer on Monday, and I took delivery today. Placed my original reservation almost exactly one year ago to the day but originally for a premium ER AWD, and then jumped on the Mach Drop promo and landed a GB FE!

This car is spectacular. I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I love everything about it. Not to gloat but if there is screen whine, I can't hear it. PaaK works great, hopefully I escaped the LVB drain bug etc. I came from a Prius, and this thing is *breathtakingly* fast. I don't want to do any damage before PPF but I absolutely want to drive for any reason I can find!

PXL_20210317_204847984.jpg
How did your delivery go with the dealership? Any hiccups?

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
How did your delivery go with the dealership? Any hiccups?
Honestly, it went great - almost gives me some survivor's guilt after reading other stories on here! Dunno if this was due to COVID that they were trying to do as much in advance as they could, but the finance guy sent me a copy of the sales order in advance (after taking a few days to sort out Ford Options) and everything was spot on, with no attempts to jack up the price with garbage like lojacks, etching etc. 10-15 minutes for signatures, and then he handed me back off to my salesperson. Huge relief, considering my wife once got stuck at a different dealer with their finance guy for over three hours while they played their dealer mindgames.

He seemed just as excited about the car as me - he even watched as I set up PaaK since I think this was the first one he'd sold and he hadn't yet done it himself.

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Honestly, it went great - almost gives me some survivor's guilt after reading other stories on here! Dunno if this was due to COVID that they were trying to do as much in advance as they could, but the finance guy sent me a copy of the sales order in advance (after taking a few days to sort out Ford Options) and everything was spot on, with no attempts to jack up the price with garbage like lojacks, etching etc. 10-15 minutes for signatures, and then he handed me back off to my salesperson. Huge relief, considering my wife once got stuck at a different dealer with their finance guy for over three hours while they played their dealer mindgames.

He seemed just as excited about the car as me - he even watched as I set up PaaK since I think this was the first one he'd sold and he hadn't yet done it himself.
Good to hear. My Mach Drop GB FE was delivered today and I plan to pick it up tomorrow. I hope things go as well as yours did.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Good to hear. My Mach Drop GB FE was delivered today and I plan to pick it up tomorrow. I hope things go as well as yours did.
I hope your experience goes well too! Even if it's suboptimal, finally taking the keys and going for a drive is so spectacular, it'll be worth it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Marlin got up early this morning to visit the Washington, DC cherry blossoms in peak bloom.
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club 4BBB18D2-3312-4264-8890-4AE2C16C3A8A
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club 4BBB18D2-3312-4264-8890-4AE2C16C3A8A

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Some idiot with a truck opened his door and it put an extremely small dimple on my door. I thought no big deal I will take it to my favorite body shop and see if they can do a dent less repair.
NOOOOOOO. Apparently because of both the grabber blue paint and the aerodynamic of the car cause it is electric and every surface makes a difference they would have to fix it and repaint both passenger side doors.

cost is $1700.

not sure what to do. Yes it is covered by insurance minus the deductible but only when you look from an angle or wash the car can you see it. Also if I fix it then my insurance covers rental but gas here in Cali is now $3.99 a gallon so I also have a gas bill. This sucks.

looking for opinions.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Some idiot with a truck opened his door and it put an extremely small dimple on my door. I thought no big deal I will take it to my favorite body shop and see if they can do a dent less repair.
NOOOOOOO. Apparently because of both the grabber blue paint and the aerodynamic of the car cause it is electric and every surface makes a difference they would have to fix it and repaint both passenger side doors.

cost is $1700.

not sure what to do. Yes it is covered by insurance minus the deductible but only when you look from an angle or wash the car can you see it. Also if I fix it then my insurance covers rental but gas here in Cali is now $3.99 a gallon so I also have a gas bill. This sucks.

looking for opinions.
IIRC @KAustin had a ventless repair done on his Carbonized Gray.
Sponsored