back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Some idiot with a truck opened his door and it put an extremely small dimple on my door. I thought no big deal I will take it to my favorite body shop and see if they can do a dent less repair.
NOOOOOOO. Apparently because of both the grabber blue paint and the aerodynamic of the car cause it is electric and every surface makes a difference they would have to fix it and repaint both passenger side doors.

cost is $1700.

not sure what to do. Yes it is covered by insurance minus the deductible but only when you look from an angle or wash the car can you see it. Also if I fix it then my insurance covers rental but gas here in Cali is now $3.99 a gallon so I also have a gas bill. This sucks.

looking for opinions.
Imho I’d prob wait until there was something worse to repair. It’s gonna happen unless u keep it in ur garage. Wait until there’s something bigger to repair when your brain so nope, that’s it, gotta repair it.
Sponsored

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
Some idiot with a truck opened his door and it put an extremely small dimple on my door. I thought no big deal I will take it to my favorite body shop and see if they can do a dent less repair.
NOOOOOOO. Apparently because of both the grabber blue paint and the aerodynamic of the car cause it is electric and every surface makes a difference they would have to fix it and repaint both passenger side doors.

cost is $1700.

not sure what to do. Yes it is covered by insurance minus the deductible but only when you look from an angle or wash the car can you see it. Also if I fix it then my insurance covers rental but gas here in Cali is now $3.99 a gallon so I also have a gas bill. This sucks.

looking for opinions.
Unfortunately we got a door ding less than one week after buying ours! ? ? ? ?

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club Din

The ding was right at the crease line as well. Galpin Auto Sports in Van Nuys, CA had their door ding guy fix it and it's perfect. If you are close PM me and I will put you in touch with the General Manager who is great person to deal with.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

cost is $1700.

looking for opinions.
I think the last thing I'd do in this scenario is involve insurance. Wouldn't the claim cause your premium to rise considerably? Why not get other estimates from shops who have the confidence in their ability to fix it properly, and pay it out of pocket? (Or ignore it.)

Imho I’d prob wait until there was something worse to repair. It’s gonna happen unless u keep it in ur garage. Wait until there’s something bigger to repair when your brain so nope, that’s it, gotta repair it.
Agreed. Doesn't sound like a major concern.

The ding was right at the crease line as well. Galpin Auto Sports in Van Nuys, CA had their door ding guy fix it and it's perfect. If you are close PM me and I will put you in touch with the General Manager who is great person to deal with.
Sounds like the perfect option! How much was the repair, if you recall?

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Unfortunately, keeping it in my garage resulted in my first scratch. The hatch opened during the night and struck the bracket of the garage door opener and put a fairly nasty gash in it.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Misery loves company. I am trying to find a reputable paint less dent repair place to fix this door ding someone graciously put in my car. Hoping that white is their cars paint and can pop the dent out. Really breaks the body line.

4936ACCE-04E5-451B-AAEC-B17E54C41212.jpeg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Finally got my car back from the dealer after they had it for 41 days to replace the glass roof. So I took it for a road trip from SoCal to Lake Tahoe. Had to stop 3 times to charge. Plug and charge worked great, was able to find some free fast charging. I was pleased that I had no issues charging while on the road. Had an amazing trip....

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_0033.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_9837.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club 20210515_172620.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_0021.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_0039.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_9058.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_0879.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_1019-2
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_1017-2

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Misery loves company. I am trying to find a reputable paint less dent repair place to fix this door ding someone graciously put in my car. Hoping that white is their cars paint and can pop the dent out. Really breaks the body line.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_1017-2
I have a dimple from a truck door. My body shop who I have worked with for 20 years says it will not work perfectly to get the smooth finish and paint to match. $1700 cost which insurance will cover however the thought of renting a gas car at $4.19 a gallon here makes me ill. I am going to wait until something else more serious happens. The thought of giving up my car makes me ill.

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've posted elsewhere, but here's mine (again):

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club IMG_1523.JPG

Got to assure that I'm in the club! I think I still can't believe that I actually scored this beauty!

smp

Rafgar

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE
Country flag
Finally got my car back from the dealer after they had it for 41 days to replace the glass roof. So I took it for a road trip from SoCal to Lake Tahoe. Had to stop 3 times to charge. Plug and charge worked great, was able to find some free fast charging. I was pleased that I had no issues charging while on the road. Had an amazing trip....

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club 5C46EAE2-0621-4666-8998-6D3170327529
Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club 5C46EAE2-0621-4666-8998-6D3170327529
Great pictures! I'm glad to hear that you finally got your car back and that you didn't waste any time getting out there to enjoy it. I'm planning a road trip for the holiday weekend. Let's see how the fast charging network operates between VA and MN.