Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I like that color. That looks like the satin wrap we saw in London many months ago. I don't think that's Grabber Blue.
And it’s a Premium. Note the gloss black wheel lips.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
In all seriousness, while I like the sunroof, I don't understand why there can't be a delete option for it.

Then again, I have no idea how cars are built beyond "Parts go in, a car comes out. Must be magic."

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There are people actually paid to think out the logistics of this, time, costs, etc.

They think very differently. I had one such person in my airplane as a passenger once (well before 9/11). I asked why a particular hub facility was rotated 90 degrees from optimal for gate and sort facility expansion. 30 minutes later he stopped talking.

It's probably similar to that. But I still don't see why ... ;)

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I agree--It always drives me nuts when a restaurant does not allow a menu variation that I want. Consider the possible scenario that Ford wants to maximize revenue and they believe that many people prefer a glass roof over a metal roof. Offering the glass roof only on a more expensive trim line might sell some people up to the more expensive trim line. Before you say it, I know you do not want a glass roof and that you believe it keeps the cabin hotter/colder. Others may not have your preference. I have not seen data on whether the glass roof allows in more or less heat than a metal roof (beyond Ford's marketing claim that their glass is cooler than metal in summer and warmer than metal in winter--but we all know how Ford marketing works....). In reality, glass instead of metal might be beneficial in some climates/seasons and detrimental in other climates/seasons. There is an answer to this question but that answer is not yet known.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
"I am sorry but you can only get blue cheese dressing with the Romaine salad, not with the iceberg salad."

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It may also be that there are cost/speed advantages in assembly with the sun roof. They can lower parts in from above. This may be a case where Ford can save money AND charge more.
Sponsored