Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
From @makooy's Instagram account, the last two show Grabber Blue under overcast skies.

Still a very bright color! Definitely has more richness and character than the old Grabber Blue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 9.12.20 AM

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 9.12.33 AM

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! That is an awesome video. Totally intrigued by those blinking IR sensors (I assume) on the steering column. Part of the driver monitoring system for the eventual self-driving OTA?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Thanks for sharing! That is an awesome video. Totally intrigued by those blinking IR sensors (I assume) on the steering column. Part of the driver monitoring system for the eventual self-driving OTA?
The driver monitoring camera is infrared instead of visual spectrum, so it can work when you're driving at night. Those are the IR LEDs to light up your face. His GoPro camera sees them, but you won't.

No eventual self-driving OTAs for this car. Just driver assists like hands-free driving.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The driver monitoring camera is infrared instead of visual spectrum, so it can work when you're driving at night. Those are the IR LEDs to light up your face. His GoPro camera sees them, but you won't.

No eventual self-driving OTAs for this car. Just driver assists like hands-free driving.
I also read somewhere that by using IR the sensors will be able to watch your eyes through sunglasses, which are optimized to block visible and UV.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I also read somewhere that by using IR the sensors will be able to watch your eyes through sunglasses, which are optimized to block visible and UV.
Anyone ever thought about the long-term affects of staring at IR sensors that close to your eyes for potentially hours at a time? Just thinking out loud.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag