JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT, '69 Chevy C20, '99 Rodeo, '09 Vespa
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yeah, I don't understand why we have to make that choice? There must be a mechanical reason?
It's not a mechanical thing as the base GT can be had with a metal roof and 360 cameras. It's a money thing.
Sponsored

cloud9

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bullitt, 19Edge ST, 21 Explorer ST ,21 MMEGTPE
Country flag
245/45R20 is what i see. I wish they were staggered but can always change that. My dealer sent this to me. Page 12 starts the GT specs
That is the tire size, but it doesn't tell us the wheel width.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
The main reason I didn't buy the Gt was the range and only dark interior. Now that the range is more who knows might be a trade-in one day.
I was under the impression (and I could very well be wrong) that you worked for Ford. Cant you just, you know, make a phone call and have something happen in that regard?

Dear1nc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Country flag
245/45R20 is what i see. I wish they were staggered but can always change that. My dealer sent this to me. Page 12 starts the GT specs
Yeah that doesn't give me the width of the wheels. I'm assuming 8.5 inches which is too small to put meatier tires on. Im definitely going to be getting new wheels first thing! Probably 21 or 22".

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Yeah that doesn't give me the width of the wheels. I'm assuming 8.5 inches which is too small to put meatier tires on. Im definitely going to be getting new wheels first thing! Probably 21 or 22".
Yeah, but there goes your range...if that matters. For me, it really doesn't. as I will likely use my Tesla still for longer road trips until the EA infrastructure gets a bit more robust.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So, since you've gone for the metal roof, does that mean you've given up on the advanced BlueCruise capability? Last I checked, the GT PE could not be ordered with a metal roof and CoPilot 360 Active 2.0 and 360-degree camera; selecting CoPilot requires selecting the panoramic glass roof. {Jonathan}
I figure that I wouldn’t make much use of the BlueCruise feature in a high-performance car. They’re meant to be driven. Were it my Fusion, I might make more use of it. Less weight up high is more important to me than having Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0. Were I able to configure my GT-PE like a regular GT with a metal roof and Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0, I would have, just so I can play with the self-parking function. I know, stupidly expensive toy. ?

Yeah, I don't understand why we have to make that choice? There must be a mechanical reason?
Since the regular GT is available with a metal roof and Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0 I doubt there is any reason other than options packaging.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I figure that I wouldn’t make much use of the BlueCruise feature in a high-performance car. They’re meant to be driven. Were it my Fusion, I might make more use of it. Less weight up high is more important to me than having Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0. Were I able to configure my GT-PE like a regular GT with a metal roof and Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0, I would have, just so I can play with the self-parking function. I know, stupidly expensive toy. ?
I'm less interested in the actual self-driving part, but things like adaptive cruise control, speed limit recognition and the other advanced safety features are necessities for me, especially given this vehicle's capabilities. I use adaptive cruise control constantly, both in slow heavy traffic and on open highways where I want to be sure I stay at most 9 MPH above posted limits. (There's this one cop on Route 17 near Monticello, NY who must fund his entire town by catching people who have crested the nearby mountain but haven't yet decelerated, and who loves to give tickets for 12 or 13 over the limit. Ask me how I know. Twice.)

{Jonathan}

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ouch.

I just set my “dumb” cruise control in the Fusion Energi to something close to the limit and drive. In my Trans Am and Blazer, I just drive. I guess since I’m getting older the safety features would be nice, and as I said I would certainly pay for it, but the glass roof is the deal-breaker for it. If @Ford Motor Company did not bundle the two options I’d have bought the Co-Pilot 360/Active 2.0.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I'm less interested in the actual self-driving part, but things like adaptive cruise control, speed limit recognition and the other advanced safety features are necessities for me, especially given this vehicle's capabilities. I use adaptive cruise control constantly, both in slow heavy traffic and on open highways where I want to be sure I stay at most 9 MPH above posted limits. (There's this one cop on Route 17 near Monticello, NY who must fund his entire town by catching people who have crested the nearby mountain but haven't yet decelerated, and who loves to give tickets for 12 or 13 over the limit. Ask me how I know. Twice.)

{Jonathan}
The GT / GTPE still gets the following as standard

Ford Co-Pilot360TM Assist 2.0
- Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering, Speed Sign Recognition
- Intersection Assist
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Connected Built-in Navigation System

The 360 camera option just adds active park assist 2.0 & the blue cruise.

The reason I went with the GTPE was just for the magnaride as IMO adaptive suspension is a must on BEV's due to the weight as it can better balance between comfort and sporty when you need it.

Until I can sit in the back and have the car drive me home from the pub I have zero interest in blue cruise, and with most of my long journeys being on the interstates that are mainly straight roads to the horizon so not exactly taxing and work perfectly well with normal cruise control.

However the 360 camera is a nice features and I would have checked the option but as ford decided to only allow you get that option with the glass roof with the GTPE then you get forced into the same boat as others if you don't want the glass roof then it is no 360 camera for you, a very short sighted and stupid decision on fords part IMO.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag

This is a good reference.. thanks for sharing... Now I want to know how truly different our Instrument Panels are from each other, trim by trim... I had not noticed any difference.

First Edition: Diamond Alloy Instrument Panel Appliqué
Premium: N/A
GT Performance Edition: Instrument Panel – Aluminum Applique with Unique Design
GT: Instrument Panel – Aluminum Applique
Select: Instrument Panel

Got to do some photo searches now...

Mr.Doug

First Name
Mr.Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E -Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I like Everything about it except those CheeseBall Wheels.. :)

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
If they wanted to display a Mach e, they could have asked me and I would have drove a few miles down the road to show off my car.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
With the range update last month and now photos of both interiors, I definitely wish I had upgraded to the GTPE. Mine is scheduled to built 8/8. I might still try calling dealer to see if they can make the switch. Doubt they can, but can’t hurt to ask.

I thought the GT copper stitching would pop more like the the FE stitching does
Sponsored