For the forum members who currently have a BEV and live in California:

https://insideevs.com/features/445070/canossa-california-grand-tour-electric/

You And Your EV Are Invited On A Grand Tour Of California With Andy Slye
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grand Tour of California Driving Event 1601831140457

Oct 02, 2020 at 4:43pm ET
+
evs-author-noface.png

By: Sponsored

Normally reserved for gas-powered machines, this five-star driving tour of central California has been opened to EVs for the first time.
Our colleagues at Canossa Events have launched their very first all-electric luxury driving tour called Grand Tour California – Paso Robles, and you're invited to come along. This driving tour will be an intimate group of only twenty guests and/or ten electric cars, one of which is already spoken for by EV advocate and YouTube influencer Andy Slye. Come sip some wine, take in the scenery of California's beautiful Central Coast, and enjoy the company of fellow environmentally conscious and future-focused individuals.
Haven't heard of Canossa Events or the world of luxury driving tours before? We'll educate you. Canossa Events is Europe’s preeminent luxury touring program for auto enthusiasts. Elevated dining, five-star lodging, world-class roads, and memories to last a lifetime – these are what set Canossa Events apart.
Gallery: Grand Tour California – Paso Robles Electric Driving Tour
our-california---pasa-robles-electric-driving-tour.jpg

36 Photos

A driving tour is like a road trip where someone else takes care of everything. Canossa Events handles your lodging and food, some of which is guaranteed to make your "Best Meals Of All-Time" list. The company's guides also set the driving route and organize amazing activities each day. They are your personal concierge; just show up with a guest and an EV to drive, and they take care of the rest.
Your home base for the Grand Tour California – Paso Robles for electric vehicles is the Allegretto Vineyard Resort. From there, scenic drives will take you to the region’s most sought-after wineries where you'll enjoy personalized winemaking experiences, complete with private cave tastings and lunch among the vine rows.
field-of-lights.jpg

Other activities include a visit to acclaimed artist Bruce Munro’s mesmerizing Field of Light at Sensorio and the Santa Margarita Ranch. If elected, you can cap off your tour with a run up California Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo to Carmel-by-the-Sea, ending at Weathertech Laguna Seca Raceway for private track time on the famous 2.2-mile course with its signature "Corkscrew.”

All this, plus Canossa Events operates sustainably with its CarbonZero Project commitment and gives back to Alice Water’s Edible Schoolyard Project.
The Grand Tour California – Paso Robles for electric vehicles takes place from Thursday, October 29 through either Sunday, November 1 or Monday, November 2 if you elect to visit Laguna Seca with the group. The price is $3,950 per EV with two passengers for the four day/three-night tour and $5,800 for the extended tour with track time that includes an overnight stay at Bernardus Lodge & Spa. Check out their brochure for even more details, and to reserve your place, visit the registration page, email Canossa Events at [email protected], or call 831-521-5190 for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

• Will the California wildfires affect the trip? Should a California wild fire result in cancellation of the event, Canossa Events will offer a refund or participation for another tour.
  • What safety precautions are taking regarding the Covid virus? The staff is prepared to welcome you with a smile, even if hidden by the mask, and will provide you with all necessary protective gear (masks, hand sanitizer). All operators involved in the tour comply with safety regulations and will do their utmost to ensure that physical distance does not prevent us from sharing our common passion.
  • Do you have a brochure? Yes, of course!
  • Are kids allowed? Since the driving tour includes stops at wineries, it's not well suited for children to attend.
  • Are pets allowed? Unfortunately no, our furry friends aren't usually allowed entrance at wineries and other activities on the tour.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Are kids allowed? Since the driving tour includes stops at wineries, it's not well suited for children to attend.
when will people stop telling me how to raise my kids, damn it!

?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
That is really a lovely area and the wineries in the Paso area are award winning. I have been wine tasting in that area and purchased a Lot of very good wines. Too bad none of us will have our Mach E s before that date. The drive up the Coast has some breathtaking views. It was one of the first drives my brother took in his Porsche. It's going to be one of the first drives I take when I get my Mach E.

OP
OP
Kamuelaflyer

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That is really a lovely area and the wineries in the Paso area are award winning. I have been wine tasting in that area and purchased a Lot of very good wines. Too bad none of us will have our Mach E s before that date. The drive up the Coast has some breathtaking views. It was one of the first drives my brother took in his Porsche. It's going to be one of the first drives I take when I get my Mach E.
If my wife and I still lived in NorCal, it would be the first drive for us as well. Or perhaps into the redwoods. Gorgeous country. We lived on the Central Coast for a few years way back when ...

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
If my wife and I still lived in NorCal, it would be the first drive for us as well. Or perhaps into the redwoods. Gorgeous country. We lived on the Central Coast for a few years way back when ...
I know people come from all over to see the views. I live on the coastside and we had people from all over the world before Covid. The Big Sur area south of Carmel gets me every time. You can tell the people who have never been there before because they will just stop in the middle of the highway because they are stunned by the view until they realize what they are doing.

OP
OP
Kamuelaflyer

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I know people come from all over to see the views. I live on the coastside and we had people from all over the world before Covid. The Big Sur area south of Carmel gets me every time. You can tell the people who have never been there before because they will just stop in the middle of the highway because they are stunned by the view until they realize what they are doing.
My wife went to college at U.C. Santa Cruz. One of her professors called it "The Highway 1 Effect" the hypnosis which has led more than one person to drive off that windy road.

Those are the parts of California I actually miss. The I-580 commute over the Altamont Pass when I was based in Oakland? Yeah, nope.

I suggest the California MME owners arrange their own post deliver tour of the Central Coast, perhaps Santa Maria through Big Sur. :)

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
My wife went to college at U.C. Santa Cruz. One of her professors called it "The Highway 1 Effect" the hypnosis which has led more than one person to drive off that windy road.

Those are the parts of California I actually miss. The I-580 commute over the Altamont Pass when I was based in Oakland? Yeah, nope.

I suggest the California MME owners arrange their own post deliver tour of the Central Coast, perhaps Santa Maria through Big Sur. :)
Kids went to Cal Poly - we ended up falling in love with the Paso wineries.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Country flag

Absolutely! And stop at one of those funky hippie spots for a meal. Or Go to one of the wineries that has a deli and grab a bottle of wine and something to go, (call first a lot of them are appointment only these days) stop at one of the spots at the edge of the ocean and enjoy.

Reactions: abr

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grand Tour of California Driving Event our-california---pasa-robles-electric-driving-tour

+
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grand Tour of California Driving Event our-california---pasa-robles-electric-driving-tour

Normally reserved for gas-powered machines, this five-star driving tour of central California has been opened to EVs for the first time.
Our colleagues at Canossa Events have launched their very first all-electric luxury driving tour called Grand Tour California – Paso Robles, and you're invited to come along. This driving tour will be an intimate group of only twenty guests and/or ten electric cars, one of which is already spoken for by EV advocate and YouTube influencer Andy Slye. Come sip some wine, take in the scenery of California's beautiful Central Coast, and enjoy the company of fellow environmentally conscious and future-focused individuals.
Haven't heard of Canossa Events or the world of luxury driving tours before? We'll educate you. Canossa Events is Europe’s preeminent luxury touring program for auto enthusiasts. Elevated dining, five-star lodging, world-class roads, and memories to last a lifetime – these are what set Canossa Events apart.

36 Photos

A driving tour is like a road trip where someone else takes care of everything. Canossa Events handles your lodging and food, some of which is guaranteed to make your "Best Meals Of All-Time" list. The company's guides also set the driving route and organize amazing activities each day. They are your personal concierge; just show up with a guest and an EV to drive, and they take care of the rest.
Your home base for the Grand Tour California – Paso Robles for electric vehicles is the Allegretto Vineyard Resort. From there, scenic drives will take you to the region’s most sought-after wineries where you'll enjoy personalized winemaking experiences, complete with private cave tastings and lunch among the vine rows.

Other activities include a visit to acclaimed artist Bruce Munro’s mesmerizing Field of Light at Sensorio and the Santa Margarita Ranch. If elected, you can cap off your tour with a run up California Highway 1 from San Luis Obispo to Carmel-by-the-Sea, ending at Weathertech Laguna Seca Raceway for private track time on the famous 2.2-mile course with its signature "Corkscrew.”

All this, plus Canossa Events operates sustainably with its CarbonZero Project commitment and gives back to Alice Water’s Edible Schoolyard Project.
The Grand Tour California – Paso Robles for electric vehicles takes place from Thursday, October 29 through either Sunday, November 1 or Monday, November 2 if you elect to visit Laguna Seca with the group. The price is $3,950 per EV with two passengers for the four day/three-night tour and $5,800 for the extended tour with track time that includes an overnight stay at Bernardus Lodge & Spa. Check out their brochure for even more details, and to reserve your place, visit the registration page, email Canossa Events at [email protected], or call 831-521-5190 for more information.

• Will the California wildfires affect the trip? Should a California wild fire result in cancellation of the event, Canossa Events will offer a refund or participation for another tour.
  • What safety precautions are taking regarding the Covid virus? The staff is prepared to welcome you with a smile, even if hidden by the mask, and will provide you with all necessary protective gear (masks, hand sanitizer). All operators involved in the tour comply with safety regulations and will do their utmost to ensure that physical distance does not prevent us from sharing our common passion.
  • Are kids allowed? Since the driving tour includes stops at wineries, it's not well suited for children to attend.
  • Are pets allowed? Unfortunately no, our furry friends aren't usually allowed entrance at wineries and other activities on the tour.
Maybe next year when we have our Mach Es!

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag

1601831140457.png

+
evs-author-noface.png

36 Photos

field-of-lights.jpg

I'll be there . . . . but the week before with our PHEV. Paso is a wonderful place for a long weekend. Great wine, great food, beautiful countryside! (and not currently on fire)
Would take my MME FE, but pretty sure I won't have it by then. ;)

Last edited: