1Mowavr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD long range batery
Country flag
I have been wanting to purchase Thule racks since I got my Mustang last year. Today I went on their website and it seems to me they have gone WAY up in price. I was looking at the Thule Wingbar edge with locks and the price is now $759.80. So I did some research. Found a place in United Kingdom that sells that same set on ebay for $451.91 (includes tax and shipping). Their name is Auto Save but your best ebay search to find them is "Thule mustang mach e". They have only one more edge and they also carry the other three.
They are due to arrive in 5 days by FedEx.
The edge is the most expensive and Thule has run out of them on their website and Auto Save is down to their last one.
If you want Thule racks now may be the best time to buy them
Sponsored

kodathedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Wow, let us know if you get hit with any extra duties or freight charges!

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I have been wanting to purchase Thule racks since I got my Mustang last year. Today I went on their website and it seems to me they have gone WAY up in price. I was looking at the Thule Wingbar edge with locks and the price is now $759.80. So I did some research. Found a place in United Kingdom that sells that same set on ebay for $451.91 (includes tax and shipping). Their name is Auto Save but your best ebay search to find them is "Thule mustang mach e". They have only one more edge and they also carry the other three.
They are due to arrive in 5 days by FedEx.
The edge is the most expensive and Thule has run out of them on their website and Auto Save is down to their last one.
If you want Thule racks now may be the best time to buy them
Curious to hear how this worked out for you. Send pics when you get it installed!

OP
OP

1Mowavr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Follow up on the Thule racks.
So I recieved them in about 3 weeks. I think the original automated response of 5 days was assuming more local delivery.
There packing was pretty suspect - original boxes taped together with some bubble wrap (nothing like Amazon). However they arrived in great condition.
Seemed to be OEM.
No extra fees.
They installed pretty easily.
I added an older Thule SUP Taxi XT and the whole package feels very heavy weight and stable.
I do have a premium glass roof and it does not seem to be a problem as the racks attach the the metal part of the roof and there is still more metal between the rack base and the glass. I was concerned about this but feel good about it now that they are installed.
Note my board is 9"6". If I were to try to strap the board on in away that would clear the tailgate to fully open - it would be way too far forward and catch a lot of wind. So I need to remember to stop the tailgate from fully opening (easy to do).
Also warning for most folks using a simular setup. This adds 11" of height (not counting my fins) when using the SUP Taxi and one board. My garage doors are extra high - so no issue for me.
I just checked eBay and they have all models up for sale.
This was a really great deal for a new product.

20230126_134159.jpg

20230126_134248.jpg

P-Luv

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E RWD
Country flag
I bought some today. Thanks for the info. They look legit. I hope they are.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We also took the leap on this deal and it turned out well for us. Arrived in about three weeks and with some superficial damage, but the installation went cleanly. We've been happy with the results.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great Deals on new Thule roof racks PXL_20230521_195618579

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great Deals on new Thule roof racks PXL_20230602_160657805

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Question for those with this rack, how does it protect against scratches on the upper door frame? Do you leave the rack on all the time or put it on and take it off frequently?

Am I going to regret using this after a road trip and find a million scratches?

OP
OP

1Mowavr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mondo,
The door clips are coated so they are engineered to NOT leave any marks or scratches. I have not had any issues.
I only install these when I am on a road surf trip with my spouse or need to carry another passenger and my board(s).
For me, I do not leave them on as they cause wind noise and get full of bug splats.
I have only had to use these 4 times.

MONDO

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2021) Space White, Premium, AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Design Engineer
Country flag
Mondo,
The door clips are coated so they are engineered to NOT leave any marks or scratches. I have not had any issues.
I only install these when I am on a road surf trip with my spouse or need to carry another passenger and my board(s).
For me, I do not leave them on as they cause wind noise and get full of bug splats.
I have only had to use these 4 times.
Helpful, thank you!

OP
OP

1Mowavr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just checked eBay and these are still available. Looks like the have gone up about $30. Still a smoking hot deal compared to local purchase from Ford, Thule, or any other local retailer.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I just checked eBay and these are still available. Looks like the have gone up about $30. Still a smoking hot deal compared to local purchase from Ford, Thule, or any other local retailer.
Thanks for the update and detailed fit pictures.

What is the difference between: Square, Evo and Edge flavors ?

Does it have any advantage or disadvantages?

I carry fly fishing rods in a box carrier that's about 11' long.

StandardMount2-BangerBlackStandardMount.jpg

helium89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forester
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great Deals on new Thule roof racks StandardMount2-BangerBlackStandardMount
The square bar will be the least aerodynamic of the three. The Evo and Edge both have aerodynamic profiles. The Edge is flush with the mounts and has a slightly more integrated look. The Evo extends past the mounts, which gives a little more space for mounting stuff. We have the Evo bars, and the extra width is nice for things like bike racks. The outboard mounting position makes it easier to load bikes.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

StandardMount2-BangerBlackStandardMount.jpg
Thule has more to say, but square will be cheaper, louder, eat up more range, and doesn't support T-Slot attachments. Evo overhangs the mounting brackets while wingbar edge does not, which could make an aesthetic or practical difference to you, range and noise between these two are similar, but wingbar edge may have a slight... edge.

My photos above show Evo black, @1Mowavr has Edge aluminum.

Before you buy, double check that you are able to fit your accessories with the rack dimensions. The bars will be 70cm apart, I don't remember how much room to the tailgate and liftgate, but the bars are set pretty far forward on the frame due to the swooping roof.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Thule has more to say, but square will be cheaper, louder, eat up more range, and doesn't support T-Slot attachments. Evo overhangs the mounting brackets while wingbar edge does not, which could make an aesthetic or practical difference to you, range and noise between these two are similar, but wingbar edge may have a slight... edge.

My photos above show Evo black, @1Mowavr has Edge aluminum.

Before you buy, double check that you are able to fit your accessories with the rack dimensions. The bars will be 70cm apart, I don't remember how much room to the tailgate and liftgate, but the bars are set pretty far forward on the frame due to the swooping roof.
Oh perfect answer!

Yes, I have T-Slot accessories / boxes / carriers so now it means Eco vs Edge...

Thank you.

GT-Papa

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT
Country flag
I just ordered the Thule EVO kit from AutoSave. Still a good deal at $522 compared to ordering from Ford, Thule or REI. Also have a CURT Hidden Hitch in the garage ready to install. I'll try to document the installs on each of these. Gettin' ready for some summer fun!
Sponsored