Great e-heat tip from YouTube (Nick Amstrong)

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
This video looks at the e-heat and does some testing with a laser thermometer. You can watch the video but my takeaway was that to get the hot air coming out he switched on the re-circulate button. This noticeably increased the temperature coming out the vent. Sometimes the heating is very weak and this is a good way of beefing it up. I haven't had a chance to test this out in the car yet.

Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
to get the hot air coming out he switched on the re-circulate button. This noticeably increased the temperature coming out the vent.
Yes, which makes perfect sense since the source air doesn't have to be heated as much. This adds to the frustration that the recirculate setting won't stay enabled for more than a few minutes.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yes, which makes perfect sense since the source air doesn't have to be heated as much. This adds to the frustration that the recirculate setting won't stay enabled for more than a few minutes.
While it has not impacted me directly since temperatures in my area are pretty moderate, we do get some days when it goes well below freezing. I cannot believe the behavior of the recirculate function was intentional. So hopefully this will get fixed in a future update.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While it has not impacted me directly since temperatures in my area are pretty moderate, we do get some days when it goes well below freezing. I cannot believe the behavior of the recirculate function was intentional. So hopefully this will get fixed in a future update.
Unfortunately, it appears that it was intentional. But, hopefully, they will update the software at some point to make it a little less aggressive.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Great e-heat tip from YouTube (Nick Amstrong) 1641563714262

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I thought this was pretty common knowledge. I was under the impression that this is how normal vehicles have operated.
It is. But the difference is more obvious in the MME than in ICE cars because the power of the heat source is more limited.

OP
OP
SashaLondon

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I thought this was pretty common knowledge. I was under the impression that this is how normal vehicles have operated.
Yes, but in ICE cars the heating can be so much hotter so it doesn't matter as much.

DR.J56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-350. 2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Great info but that was agony. Could have summed that one up in 2 or 3 minutes. Yet, I watched it, kinda.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Unfortunately, it appears that it was intentional. But, hopefully, they will update the software at some point to make it a little less aggressive.

That is what happened to me last winter I would switch it on only to find the car resets it a short time later. I just gave up on it and use the seats more for adjustment. Guess the car is smarter than us and knows when our windshields are fogging up when we do not? It is happening you just do not see it ;)

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
This video looks at the e-heat and does some testing with a laser thermometer. You can watch the video but my takeaway was that to get the hot air coming out he switched on the re-circulate button. This noticeably increased the temperature coming out the vent. Sometimes the heating is very weak and this is a good way of beefing it up. I haven't had a chance to test this out in the car yet.

This is common knowledge in most cars, or at least I thought most people knew about it, turn on recirculating in either hot or cold weather. This way the air has already been heated or cooled somewhat before being pumped through the system versus bringing in fresh hot or cold air.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Great info but that was agony. Could have summed that one up in 2 or 3 minutes. Yet, I watched it, kinda.
Gotta make that money on YouTube by having people watch as long as possible. ?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

I wonder what would happen if you put it on Max A/C and at 67 degrees when it is 10 degrees F outside? Would that keep recirculate on, keep the windows from fogging, and provide more heat? One day I will try it.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Come on, what an invention!
Heating already warm air will give you warmer air, unbelievable!

Actually, keep in mind that CO2 will raise fast in a sealed vehicle, don't use recirculation for too long.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Come on, what an invention!
Heating already warm air will give you warmer air, unbelievable!

Actually, keep in mind that CO2 will raise fast in a sealed vehicle, don't use recirculation for too long.
Not enough to matter -- Car isn't airtight. If it was, the blower wouldn't be able to work when it was not on recirculate, at all.

This nanny feature of locking us out of recirc after 10 minutes is really frustrating. At the very least, give us the option to toggle such a nanny feature on or off.